Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 AM

It isn't a hundred percent smooth but not sure its framerate or something else.

Good

Career and upgrades
Track design
Vehicle designs
Wipeout like

Bad

Disappearing kills behind 2d sprite explosion
Over lit areas on tracks
A bit washy, needs deeper contrast
Vehicles swapping through pillars in garage (just a quality issue)
Badly clipped and compressed font used in help
Lack of weight and impacts on vehicles
No vehicle shadows (even just texture)

A decent Wipeout like racer, but some things need a bit more attention and polish. Not quite what I expected.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
ok im doing some searching on google and i have to say that guys, youve got some serious competition here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8RgP...layer_embedded

YouTube: video
Thanks for sharing that. Looks amazing (and 60 FPS.)
Holding off on this one and compare the two once it comes out!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I tried the game and deleted right away. It felt very boring to me and the music wasn't music at all, just a couple of techno notes. I've played wipeout and loved it but this game is lightyears behind wipeout
Old 11-29-2012, 07:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayergramp View Post
Mike, is there any chance we could get an ETA on when the multiplayer update will come? Also, any chance it will have bluetooth support? I miss games that support bluetooth
It was soooo convenient for games like cod zombies (waw).

Anyways, I'm downloading this game the second it comes out
Sure, I will drop the info when the multiplayer will come. As for bluetooth - if the game gets popular, everything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
(...)
Sure thing, we will be developing the game and working on it in the forthcoming months so you can expect many changes and new features!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbirksy666 View Post
Just a quick little gripe
I finish each lap and the race in the 1st position (first in the race all the time apart from at the start of the race at the grid)
We did a lot of tests and for some testers the game was too hard. Anyway the first two cups are really easy, so you can get used to the controls and how the game works, but from the third cup the game gets harder and harder, with the highest difficulty in the "Velocity Cup" (last one obviously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Think this games great, very very fast, found it quite tricky at first but a few plays and i'm loving it.

Granted theres the odd 'gripe' about no smoke after the missiles, the machine gun isnt great but like the other poster said its $1.99, its brilliant for that price and its version 1. Give the devs a bit of time to look at constructive feedback and make any amends.

I'm very very thankful its out, remember seeing this ages ago on the upcoming thread and thinking it looked amazing. I've got my own 'wipeout' game now on my ipod i can take anywhere with me, for that i'm very grateful.
Thanks for this and great you're enjoying the game! As mentioned before we will surely be still polishing the game and as you remarked it is only the version 1.0, so a lot of stuff is coming!

Last edited by Mike.Jujubee; 11-29-2012 at 07:11 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

On a related note, Repulze looks dandy awesome! Looking at that, I can immediately see the speed, better graphics and of course smoother gameplay (60 fps!?!) and banking! Hell yeah
Old 11-29-2012, 07:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I dont find the joystick too bad but yeah ideally i would love a simple left/right button either side of the screen.

But i'm sure the devs will listen and might do something in a future update. I wouldnt go OTT and delete it instantly or regret the purchase.
Yeah, left and right screen controls would suit this game better for touch fans. Like the touch controls you get with Asphalt 6 and 7.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
On a related note, Repulze looks dandy awesome! Looking at that, I can immediately see the speed, better graphics and of course smoother gameplay (60 fps!?!) and banking! Hell yeah
Yup, agree, looks great, but I don't see any other ships on the racingtracks, so I believe it is some kind of timetrial. If you put other vehicles on the track it requires a lot more processing power (physics) and of course this affects graphics.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default So So

Got this last night and I have to agree with most of what others have said in this thread. I think the game has potential and it is still decent but the lack of effects and shadows on stuff definitely take away from it.

I am running this on and Ipad4 and Iphone 5 and I would say the frame rate maxes out at 30 tops (maybe less) which for this type of game I feel isn't enough. There is no stuttering at all it's just that laggy feeling. I feel like I am going fast but I also feel very disconnected from the whole game. If it ran smoother I think it would be much more enjoyable. There is no brake and the weapons lack animations and sounds that make you feel it. I know it's hard to compare apples to apples but Riptide GP looks great and runs buttery smooth, I wish this ran like that.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Jujubee View Post
Yup, agree, looks great, but I don't see any other ships on the racingtracks, so I believe it is some kind of timetrial. If you put other vehicles on the track it requires a lot more processing power (physics) and of course this affects graphics.
Ok fine, you might be correct in the sense it is timetrial based.

But please, try to reduce some background graphics to free up processing space and make this game awesome on iPad 2 and newer devices. It is already deleted for now, but if an update can come within 2 weeks before Repulze is out, I will be redownloading it.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Jujubee View Post

We did a lot of tests and for some testers the game was too hard. Anyway the first two cups are really easy, so you can get used to the controls and how the game works, but from the third cup the game gets harder and harder, with the highest difficulty in the "Velocity Cup" (last one obviously).

)
Thanks for the quick reply but that's wasn't what I was getting at

What I was trying to explain is that I was meeting all the requirements for an achievement but the achievement was not unlocking

It's the "primus inter pares" achievement
Complete each lap of the race on one position

I did I completed its on one position all the way and that was first place all the way and it didn't unlock....

Or am I reading it wrong and what it means is complete lap 1 in 3rd position
Then complete lap 2 in 2nd position
Then complete final lap 3 in 1st position?

If so can this be completed in single race or does it have to be acquired in campaign?