Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Crazytarium - (by Mohammad Dabiri) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-29-2012 at 02:19 AM..
Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Not normally keen on games with one touch controls but this looks very good, going to be an expensive night tonight !
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Looks like it could be fun, and the graphics look sweet. I'm curious, but will wait for impressions from others.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Looks like my kind of fun!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Really liking this. Tons of levels. Simple gameplay but works very well. You go in one direction, hit a wall and you change dirdction. Have to try and get all 3 pills before you each the cup (need a minimum of one). Some levels are quite tricky

A nice puzzle platformer. Well worth picking up. Graphics are superb
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

My type of game is the physics puzzle type like Monster Island, Hungry Turtle, Little Lost Chick, Snail Bob, Rat Fishing. Crazytarium looked more like a platformer than a puzzle game but it actually really is both and done very well. I'm a few levels into the game now and I like it so far. I'm curious how the game will progress. I will post an update when I have passed more levels.

The crazy guy, once you wake him up, takes off and doesn't stop. When reaching a wall, he simply changes direction. By tapping anywhere on the screen, you make him jump. So that sounds like a (rather simple) platformer, right? The puzzle aspect is that you will need to determine a route through the level by timing your jumps. So you jump depending on your location and the direction you're going and that way reach other (e.g. higher) corners of the level.

Per level you receive a score for number of pills collected and a time bonus. Assuming you collect all pills, more optimal routes win more points because of the time bonus, making the game competitive.

Being positive overall, I have a few problems with the game as well.
At the beginning of a level, the screen is kept quite dark (to indicate the crazy guy is sleeping and that you need to wake him up to start the level). But this is the moment where you need to study which route you are going to take, where to jump etcetera. This is not good game ergonomics.
Then, unfortunateley there is no way to see a level's high score once you already have played it before. However, you do get to see it when you improve a high score. But it does mean you're not going to be able to look back a score when there is no improvement possible anymore in a level.
And last but not least, this game desperately needs Game Center integration (at least individual world totals, and game total)! So for competitive players, like me, it is not as much fun as it could be.

UPDATE after having almost finished the game.
I'm well into the last and third level pack now and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with how the game progressed. There are a few clever mechanics and ideas, but overall, it has been thin. Too little variation. Plus there is not much content, in an hour you get through the game. On top of that, not having GC integration, there is no replay value. Also, the puzzle aspect is not that great. It is too simple. As comparison, I have been playing a lot Rat Fishing lately, and that game really made me think and made me go "yesss!" many times.

Some more usability issues that I encountered:
When retrying a level, or when I failed a level, there is a bright white transition screen. Quite annoying (and maybe battery eating).
In the level pack screen showing the 24 level entry points, it is really hard to see how many pills you have collected for each level. So it is hard to see which level needs improvement

I still think it has some potential. Adding game center should be easy. Adding more content and variation also will improve value. Maybe increasing the size of the levels adds some needed complexity.
I gave it three stars.

In summary:
- interesting puzzle platformer with potential but too easy and with too little variation as it is now
- thin on content (one hour of game play)
- no game center integration (no replay value)
- has usability issues (cannot see past high scores; dark level start screen; annoying white flashes when restarting a level)

Last edited by saosijs; 11-29-2012 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: update
Old 07-19-2013, 05:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Nice, it now has Game Center