★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Prepare for Glory, Prepare for Rise of Heroes!

War is coming and your people need a Hero! You...must be that Hero!

AWESOME POWERS

Unlock powerful spells and skills to dominate your enemy. Conjure up a powerful fireball, master the art of healing, string your mighty bow, teleport to your castle, and more!

COMMAND AND TRAIN YOUR FORCES

Begin your quest to save your kingdom with the tried and true Spearmen and earn rewards to train and upgrade new and more powerful units. Take your Berserker to the field to crush any foe, let loose your assassins to quickly dispatch any threat, and have your mages wield powerful magic for total domination!

FEATURES
60 Battles
Upgrade system for your troops
Unlock new powers for your Hero
Hilarious GameCenter Achievements

EndGamer's comments:
Hey guys!

I'm happy to see that our first release, Rise of Heroes, has finally launched and FREE for a limited time.! Its a fun mix between the strategy castle attack of Cartoon Wars with the added Hack N Slash of games like Castle Crushers or Knights Rush where you can control and power up the hero!

We are launching for free to get a fanbase and so players can tell us what they like and dislike so we can continue to improve.

Youtube link | Pop Up
11-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Thanks for launching this free, it is one of this week's more appealing looking releases. The concept seems worthy but the controls could use some polish. Art design is bit stiff too. For a first release from an indie developer it's not bad. Here's to more people checking out Rise of Heroes.

11-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Thanks for launching this free, it is one of this week's more appealing looking releases. The concept seems worthy but the controls could use some polish. Art design is bit stiff too. For a first release from an indie developer it's not bad. Here's to more people checking out Rise of Heroes.
Thanks! We have learned a lot in the game development process and will be updating and improving based on player feedback. Thats also part of the reason it is free. We want people to test it out, tell us what is wrong and what is right, so we can make a great final product.

Developer for Rise of Heroes
11-10-2011, 07:55 PM
This game is great. One of the best of it's kind on the app store. I reccomend that you remove the IAPs and add more upgrades and things to buy. Also attacking feels a little off.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2
11-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawLessLove View Post
This game is great. One of the best of it's kind on the app store. I reccomend that you remove the IAPs and add more upgrades and things to buy. Also attacking feels a little off.
The IAP is COMPLETELY optional and non-invasive. You can play the entire game not and even look at any IAP.

We are looking to continue to add and expand and work on the little quirks in the game.

11-14-2011, 07:44 PM
So I was catching up on The Walking Dead last night and got to thinking "Are Zombies games really overdone on the market OR do people just say and really do enjoy them still?"

11-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndGamer View Post
So I was catching up on The Walking Dead last night and got to thinking "Are Zombies games really overdone on the market OR do people just say and really do enjoy them still?"
I enjoy zombie games... however a good way to appease the same crowd and stay fresh is to make a horror game not revolving around zombies. The Lovecraft mythos is still fresh, vampires would be good, maybe even a slasher game... or even mutants (like Mimic).
11-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Not bad at all to get for free, but it does need improvement before you start charging (or can hope to get real IAP dollars from folks). Here are my thoughts:

(1) There are no level numbers, and no score . . . I cant even remember how many levels I've played. There are some type of scores if you log in it seems (I have not done so yet), but there should be visibile local scores, level numbers, something.

(2) Is this an endless game or is there a goal? The gamer should know.

(3) I couldnt figure out how to get to page 2 of the help screens and gave up after 30 seconds;

(4) Not sure archers are ever worth building . . . they should be better, or cost 50 like the spearmen. Even when I save up 1500 cash for a push, I dont build archers. Maybe a little more range and a smidge more health.

(5) Obvious upgrades often present in games like this but not present here include hero health, hero sword damage, castle health, adding archer(s) to the castle, hero mana pool, hero mana regen, money gain per level completed, money gain during levels, build time and probably more I'm not thinking of.

(6) Hero respawn time should probably start out a little lower and then increase and/or hero should not respawn with full mana. Right now, dying is kind of a good thing, as it recharges the mana and health bar and it seems there is no progressive penalty for each death.

(7) the healer's feel a little under-powered. Not massively so, but a little.

(8) I only have one magic skill at the moment, so cant fully comment on that. Certainly fireball seems excellent. It could easily start at 50 damage and be upgradeable. It could also have a cooldown, particularly if you can use more than one skill or hero armor is upgradeable.

(9) Units have a listed "armor" value, which I think is really a "health" value. It should be relabelled as health if I'm correct.

(10) Fireball seems to shoot up of the hero a little. I have trouble hitting enemies on the very bottom.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
07-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Awesome price. $349.99. Fantastic. Seems like a great deal.
01-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn View Post
Awesome price. $349.99. Fantastic. Seems like a great deal.
I was trying to buy it, but it's not available