★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

E.R.A TD by Illumesoft Inc iPad Only ($2.99 -> $0.99)

11-28-2012, 01:33 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 742
E.R.A TD by Illumesoft Inc iPad Only ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Link to main thread
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=149510
11-28-2012, 02:34 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,654


12-02-2012, 05:46 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 515
Do yourself a favour and pass this by. Lack lustre design. Standard tower defence. Does have 100+ mobs but they are all little lights, colour coded. Makes it extremely frustrating figuring out enemies since they look the same just this shimmering light is purple. Also even though you buy it, there is a definite need to buy $$ tokens. Even on casual you will repeatedly fail. Considering the largest token bundle is $99.99 they made it impossible to finish without IAP.
I should have listened to my instincts there is a reason TouchArcade.com did not review this game.
No stars stay away.

Gamecenter ID - Wildcut
12-02-2012, 05:50 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
Do yourself a favour and pass this by. Lack lustre design. Standard tower defence. Does have 100+ mobs but they are all little lights, colour coded. Makes it extremely frustrating figuring out enemies since they look the same just this shimmering light is purple. Also even though you buy it, there is a definite need to buy $$ tokens. Even on casual you will repeatedly fail. Considering the largest token bundle is $99.99 they made it impossible to finish without IAP.
I should have listened to my instincts there is a reason TouchArcade.com did not review this game.
No stars stay away.
I was so damn close to hitting the buy button, thank you.. urm.. Boobi.
12-02-2012, 06:33 AM
#5
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNexus View Post
I was so damn close to hitting the buy button, thank you.. urm.. Boobi.
Lol...sorry. Usually I thank them both though.
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
Do yourself a favour and pass this by. Lack lustre design. Standard tower defence. Does have 100+ mobs but they are all little lights, colour coded. Makes it extremely frustrating figuring out enemies since they look the same just this shimmering light is purple. Also even though you buy it, there is a definite need to buy $$ tokens. Even on casual you will repeatedly fail. Considering the largest token bundle is $99.99 they made it impossible to finish without IAP.
I should have listened to my instincts there is a reason TouchArcade.com did not review this game.
No stars stay away.
First of all you are wrong about the IAP,because its really optional..Secondly its core mechanic might look typical but it plays differently as you have to be quick on the strategic
side and react fast using the hero..Third TA is not always right,I could think of some games they did not review that's pretty good...

If the two guys below boobi are really not just trolling as I can see that their visible/registered device to the forum are not compatible to the game..check out the main thread and see what the people who bought the game has to say and from the devs themselves which are pretty active here(clear indicator that they really care about the players)..

Oh and on a final note to boobi,if you really hate the sprite design then the screen shots itself should have been a giveaway...So you shouldn't be surprised for what you bought..

And for people out there on the fence there's a lite version out there for you to try this game out if its your cup of tea..there nuff said..

Last edited by Alister; 12-02-2012 at 06:22 PM.
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
Do yourself a favour and pass this by. Lack lustre design. Standard tower defence. Does have 100+ mobs but they are all little lights, colour coded. Makes it extremely frustrating figuring out enemies since they look the same just this shimmering light is purple. Also even though you buy it, there is a definite need to buy $$ tokens. Even on casual you will repeatedly fail. Considering the largest token bundle is $99.99 they made it impossible to finish without IAP.
I should have listened to my instincts there is a reason TouchArcade.com did not review this game.
No stars stay away.
Hi Boobi,

Thanks for the comments, could you tell me exactly which level did you feel "impossible to win" on casual? Or you can post your questions on our own forum to discuss the strategies.

Considering design, it's really just our style

And as for reviewing the game, I would love TA to review our game, and I wouldn't say the other 99 games coming out every day are bad simply because TA only reviewed one game per day, would you

To other folks, if you are really interested in trying out the game, PM me, I will send you a promo code so you could decide whether you need IAPs to win
12-02-2012, 09:53 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
First of all you are wrong about the IAP,because its really optional..Secondly its core mechanic might look typical but it plays differently as you have to be quick on the strategic
side and react fast using the hero..Third TA is not always right,I could think of some games they did not review that's pretty good...

If the two guys below boobi are really not just trolling as I can see that their visible/registered device to the forum are not compatible to the game..check out the main thread and see what the people who bought the game has to say and from the devs themselves which are pretty active here(clear indicator that they really care about the players)..

Oh and on a final note to boobi,if you really hate the sprite design then the screen shots itself should have been a giveaway...So you shouldn't be surprised for what you bought..

And for people out there on the fence there's a lite version out there for you to try this game out if its your cup of tea..there nuff said..
Well said, pretty much everything I had in mind, thank you Alister

About the sprites design, we do have some cool enemy units towards the later levels that are not light bulbs
12-02-2012, 09:57 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey.G View Post
Well said, pretty much everything I had in mind, thank you Alister

About the sprites design, we do have some cool enemy units towards the later levels that are not light bulbs
How's the build coming?
12-02-2012, 10:37 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
How's the build coming?
Hey buddy, I'll email you at the end of today or early tomorrow, with a test build