Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM

Default 1948 Dawn of Future - Multiplayer Plane Combat - FREE

We are extremely happy to post about the release of our new game :
1948 Dawn of Future (AppStore link)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Quote:
It's 1948 and it's the dawn of a new era.
The two leading super powers started a top secret war to control alien technology found on earth.
Technology that if mastered will give human race a chance against a mysterious alien that threatens our freedom.
Help us shape the new era, join the Dawn of Future !

Main Features :
- Free to Play!
- 8 unique airplanes with different characteristics and 3d cockpits (and way more to come).
- More than 100 items to upgrade your planes, including various kinds of devastating primary weapons, homing missiles, rockets, bombs, radars, upgrades and much more!
- Customize your plane with liveries and colors!
- Online dogfighting / co-op game with rpg structure.
- More than 70 levels and ranks available.
- 3 maps (2 included from the beginning, 1 to be unlocked, and many more to come).
- Different game modes: Team dogfight (up to 4 players), Capture the Flag (up to 4 players), Bomb the Base (up to 4 players), Invasion Survival (Single player or CO-OP up to 2 players) (more will come).
- Game Center support. Invite your friends, online or mixing friends and random players.
- Many achievements to unlock!
- Share your successes on Facebook and Twitter!
- Dynamic match making based on levels.
- 3d cockpit view mode with gyroscope (move your device and look everywhere!)
- Graphic scalability: the game adjusts itself to run as smooth as possible on nearly all devices.
- Much more… you’ll discover while playing
- And even more will come,we are committed in expanding the gameplay and "game world" of 1948. So expect new items, planes, and especially game modes.

Last edited by FrozenPepper; 11-28-2012 at 09:30 PM..
Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPepper View Post
We are extremely happy to post about the release of our new game :
1948 Dawn of Future (AppStore link)

YouTube: video

This game looks tight! I love the levels part of it, I will have to check this game out. Will this be very IAP heavy, as in for the over 100 upgrades for your plane?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Here are a few things that I noticed while playing the tutorial. This is meant to be constructive, and I am in no way bashing your game.
  1. Game does not pause when you hit menu. Major problem. How are you supposed to adjust anything if you have to be flying your plane at the same time?

2. Pause button? Any way to pause at all? If there is, either it's way too difficult/unintuitive to find, or I'm just stupid.

3. Game reverts control settings in between missions. If I had previously turned on tilt control, it will still show it being on in the settings even though it went back to twin stick. I have to turn it off and then back on again to get back tilt control.

4. Control sensitivity is way off. Using tilt, a very slight tilt will cause your plane to roll, but it takes 5 times as much tilt to come out of the roll, leading to overcompensation and making it very hard to stabilize. Precision flying needed for dogfighting is incredibly difficult.

5. Virtual joysticks are equally difficult to use. They are more tuned for an RC flying game and not an actual dogfighting game. Again, way too difficult.

6. When using tilt controls, if you keep your throttle/rudder stick on the left, the primary fire button needs to be moved to the right side of the screen so you can use rudder while firing, a HIGHLY necessary ability for dogfighting. Can't stress this enough. As of now, you can either fire or control throttle/rudder. Doesn't make any sense at all

7. Visuals are lacking a lot of polish. It doesn't look bad by any means, but after playing games like Sky Gamblers or even MetalStorm, the visuals here look amateur at best. It's almost a crime how overused some textures are (*cough*water*cough*).

I only typed this up because I think the game is pretty cool, and if these things were fixed I could have an awful lot of fun with it. I think you're off to a great start, with some work this game could really shine.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:17 AM

Hi Grimstone82, thanks for your time and feedback ,

about "pause", our game is mainly targeted at multiplayer game play so pause is not implemented. We spent a lot of time to make the in game menu usable (if really needed) while flying, else the landing strip is perfect for menu operations.
Quote:
Game reverts control settings in between missions. If I had previously turned on tilt control, it will still show it being on in the settings even though it went back to twin stick. I have to turn it off and then back on again to get back tilt control.
Checking / fixing this now..... Will come with fist update.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:46 PM

Default Floating Mines

Tip: The best way to avoid getting blown up by the floating mines is to press and hold the boost button until out of harms way.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM

Hi all, i'm writing to say that a few hours ago we have made tutorial not required anymore, so if you have downloaded the game and where having troubles getting pass the tutorial (I have to admit that landing on a aircraft carrier might be a bit too hard as a first tutorial mission ...), simply re-login into the game and you should be able to spend your first 20000 free credits on planes upgrades and have fun in survival / dogfight etc game modes.

You can still complete the tutorial (or practice in it) whenever you want.

We have also submitted to apple an update to the application which makes the tutorial easier (no more landing required, just flying), and fixes some bugs we found, one of which is the multiplayer activity graphics in the menu which is not working correctly at the moment.

Great thanks for your feedback, suggestions and comments, it's extremely helpful for us to improve our game.