★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

God of Blades - (by White Whale Games) 0,99$

11-29-2012, 01:26 AM
God of Blades - (by White Whale Games) 0,99$

Not showing in Appshopper and the likes,but if you open the store page the game is on sale for 0,99$ with the new content update

11-29-2012, 02:07 AM
Wow, 5/5 by Toucharcade, probably a must buy then at a buck. Anyone got some impressions? Dang, so short of disk space after the thanksgiving sale.

11-29-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Wow, 5/5 by Toucharcade, probably a must buy then at a buck. Anyone got some impressions? Dang, so short of disk space after the thanksgiving sale.
I take it you were ignoring every daily bump this title's thread gets. Just go get it already.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-29-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Depends. I personally never got the craze that was GoB. I eventually went all the way to the end, but it took me less than two hours in total. I'm curious to get back and see what's new in the update.

Not to start a flame war, but I stay firm in my assertion that 5/5 is highly unwarranted...3/5 was what it was worth for me.

If you happen to not dig the visual flair of the game, then I think you'll immediately get disinterested as gameplay wise this is just sad.

PS: Just as an FYI, GoB holds the record of being the 5/5 game on TA that has the most amount of complaints from the reviewer. If you just read the review, you'd expect nothing more than a 3.5/5.
11-29-2012, 06:20 AM
^I gave it a 4/5. I dont know why TA gave it a 5 since they had more than a couple complaints off the review, but overall, it's still one of the best games i've played on a touchscreen.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^I gave it a 4/5. I dont know why TA gave it a 5 since they had more than a couple complaints off the review, but overall, it's still one of the best games i've played on a touchscreen.
I agree. While not perfect, it is a great game for the platform, and obviously a labor of love for the devs. It oozes a unique atmosphere, which honestly I've been looking for moreso than even great gameplay, what with so many clones on the market.

Also, it's being actively updated. A whole new load of stuff got added w/the update. I won't say anything is a must buy at .99 cents, since it seems almost every game hits that price at some point, but you'll be getting a whole lot more than .99 worth of effort on the part of the devs.

This, I think, is a great example of a game that would have gotten a lot of attention as a 10 dollar game on xbla or the Playstation Network.

I mean, castle crashers...really? And, not to offend anyone here, but Super Meat Boy?
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM
I finally purchased this game, looking forward to playing it.

Drat!
11-29-2012, 10:25 AM
If it wasn't for the atmosphere of the game..would you guys recommend this game still? I'm not a big fan of endless runners in general, but the only ones I actually enjoyed were Jetpack Joyride, Slopeskier, Subway Surfer and Bloody Roofs (this last one lasted shorter than the first two, but I enjoyed the story mode).

Edit: The one plus for me is the story mode sounds short..which means ill be able to actually finish it. ;-)

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?

Last edited by tops2; 11-29-2012 at 10:36 AM.
11-29-2012, 10:27 AM
How does this work ( if it works) on ipod 4?
11-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
If it wasn't for the atmosphere of the game..would you guys recommend this game still? I'm not a big fan of endless runners in general, but the only ones I actually enjoyed were Jetpack Joyride, Slopeskier, Subway Surfer and Bloody Roofs (this last one lasted shorter than the first two, but I enjoyed the story mode).
If you want an honest answer out of me, no. Its very repetitive.