★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New to iTunes Store purchasing...

06-24-2009, 06:33 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,767
New to iTunes Store purchasing...

So, I "buy" an app... Use it for a while, decide I don't want it on the phone, and delete it..
Some time passes, and I want to use the app again - do I have to buy it again, or does iTunes remember that you bought it, and will let you get it again.

I guess on a larger topic, if I get a game for "free", and the the dev starts charging, do you then have to pay for it?

Thanks for the help.

I admit I have never read the purchasing agreement from iTunes, but I don't speak or understand legaleeze...
06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
So, I "buy" an app... Use it for a while, decide I don't want it on the phone, and delete it..
Some time passes, and I want to use the app again - do I have to buy it again, or does iTunes remember that you bought it, and will let you get it again.

I guess on a larger topic, if I get a game for "free", and the the dev starts charging, do you then have to pay for it?

Thanks for the help.

I admit I have never read the purchasing agreement from iTunes, but I don't speak or understand legaleeze...
itunes remembers and you pay the price that the game lists when you buy it. If you get a game for free and the price rises then anytime you download it the game is free for you

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 5,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
So, I "buy" an app... Use it for a while, decide I don't want it on the phone, and delete it..
Some time passes, and I want to use the app again - do I have to buy it again, or does iTunes remember that you bought it, and will let you get it again.

I guess on a larger topic, if I get a game for "free", and the the dev starts charging, do you then have to pay for it?

Thanks for the help.

I admit I have never read the purchasing agreement from iTunes, but I don't speak or understand legaleeze...
yep, iTunes remembers that you bought it so you get it again for free

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
#4
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 633
Once you download it once, you won't have to pay for it again. Also, if it's free when you get it, you won't have to pay in future.
06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 9,125
How about songs? My ipod got restored and I didn't make a backup before, so everything is gone.

back
06-24-2009, 06:37 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
How about songs? My ipod got restored and I didn't make a backup before, so everything is gone.
Thats what I want to know for videos of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
06-24-2009, 06:40 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
Thats what I want to know for videos of course
if you bought it once it comes up free...if you are unsure try writing a review for it and if it lets you then you can get it for free.

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ