★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shine - Unique Copter Clone

06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Shine - Unique Copter Clone

Saw this on the New Games list earlier today and didn't think much of it. Just recently I decided to actually check it out and wish I could've bought it. It appears to be another Copter clone, except that it has a beautiful art style and dynamic lighting system. Instead of a copter, you're controlling a ball of light. There is a unique scoring system for depending on how close you get to the walls without touching and other maneuvers.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320172903&mt=8
-----
Shine is a beautiful game of skill for your iPhone and iPod Touch.

Bring light to a constantly evolving cave that illuminates dynamically, according to your movements.

For the player tired of cave / copter games that feature boring visuals and simplistic challenge, Shine is your answer.

A rich scoring system will test your skill by having you flirt with danger. Close calls light crystals and award progressive bonuses. A tiered accomplishment system will keep track of your progression in the game.

Features:
Mark your progression not only with a high score, but with five multi-tiered accomplishments.
Compelling artwork that dynamically responds to the player.
Designed for quick one handed gameplay, ideal for on-the-go gaming.
Random environment generation that insures each game will be a unique experience.
-----

06-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Whenever I wanna TOFTT, either Hodapp does before I can, or I'm outta cash. I definitely will if I get a card tonight.

06-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Whenever I wanna TOFTT, either Hodapp does before I can, or I'm outta cash. I definitely will if I get a card tonight.
Thanks. I would've too, but I just spent my last $2 on the classic Rick Dangerous.

06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Thanks. I would've too, but I just spent my last $2 on the classic Rick Dangerous.
Seishu, is Rick Dangerous good? Is it worthy? Can you give me your impressions cuz there is like no review for it and im not sure whether or not to buy it. Thanks in advance.
06-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
Seishu, is Rick Dangerous good? Is it worthy? Can you give me your impressions cuz there is like no review for it and im not sure whether or not to buy it. Thanks in advance.
I'd say it's definitely worth it. There is an online flash version to try, and if you search google there are maps of the four worlds. They're absolutely huge, and each with it's own traps, puzzles, and enemies. I really like frustrating platformers like Rick Dangerous, where it takes luck, skill, and memory to beat the levels.

06-24-2009, 09:27 PM
OK ill try it out...
06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
@Seishu, thanks a lot.
06-25-2009, 10:09 AM
looks sweet! gonna try it soon
10-19-2009, 05:14 PM
on sale for 99 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Now FREE