★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone Dock That Fits Otterbox

11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
iPhone Dock That Fits Otterbox

Does anyone out there know of a dock for iPhone (specifically iPhone 5, if it makes any difference) that will fit the Otterbox Defender series case? I'd really like to have a dock that I can use without having to take my iPhone out of its case.

Preferably, I'd like a triple dock that would fit my iPad, iPhone, and my iPod Classic but I realize that's probably not going to happen. So, if it's just an iPhone dock that's fine. I really need to find one that fits the Otterbox Defender, though.
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Well one that would fit all of them would have to have a converter for your new iP 5 :P

On a side note it is a pain in the you know where when you have to take your phone out of the case just to fit it on a stinkin' dock. I've seen so many people do this.

And if you use your dock mainly for music, then I think if you got an aux cable it would do the trick. But if it is for charging, alarm, etc. then.... nvm.

iPhone 4S 16GB - iPad 2 64GB WiFi - iPad 4 32GB WiFi + AT&T Cellular - i7 MacBook Pro late 11 - Transformer Prime TF201 32GB
Game Center - Pman3255 , OpenFeint - Pman55 , Plus+ - Pman3255
11-29-2012, 06:11 PM
If you are looking for lightening specific docks (not adapter), you may have to wait for a while still. I don't think there are many certified or even decent ones out yet, and apparently the certification process for manufacturer's is much more complicated this time around.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
12-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah, it seems that you both are correct. I went to several electronics stores this weekend looking to buy a dock and I couldn't even find a Lightning compatible dock, much less a dock that would fit my Otterbox!

It's frustrating. I like the new Lightning connector. It's significantly smaller than the old Apple connector but I wish Apple would have put more thought into encouraging companies to bring Lightning compatible accessories to market quicker.

Oh, well. I guess I'll have to wait.
12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Removed, Double Post

Last edited by AppealPlay; 12-07-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Double Post