Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Won't bother voting it for GotW, since the guy who does the thread runs it like an overlord, overriding actual votes in favor of games he personally thinks should win. But this is definitely my game of the week, regardless. I'm having a great time redoing chapters to complete bonus objectives, which can be quite challenging. The presentation and progression of this game are just such a joy.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

^Think thats a bit harsh. He spends a lot of tiem collating all the votes etc.

But there are often spam/shill posts which he then has to delete out, i havent come across any problems with the way he does it. Glad he spends the free time helping us out.

As for this app i would vote for it 100%, great game
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Can anyone tell me what's after hard mode? I completed the last level in hard mode without losing any team members and the difficulty after hard mode is still locked....
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

No idea why I waited so long to pick this one up... But now that I've got it, I'm regretting not getting it sooner. It's a fantastic title. Love the gameplay, controls... And the graphics are just beautiful. Also great how much 'currency' is given out in each stage. I'm really tempted to purchase some through IAP to support the Devs. =oD
Old 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
No idea why I waited so long to pick this one up... But now that I've got it, I'm regretting not getting it sooner. It's a fantastic title. Love the gameplay, controls... And the graphics are just beautiful. Also great how much 'currency' is given out in each stage. I'm really tempted to purchase some through IAP to support the Devs. =oD
Yeah, it's one of the most well-balanced games I've played in a while on iOS. The chapters and bonus objectives get pretty interesting too later on. Can't wait for the additional episodes to release.

As an aside, I'm really loving having Dale in my party. I unlocked him a while ago but never bothered to use him because he has low HP and speed. But man, that extended range he gives to your party is sweeeeeeeet.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
In my opinion it gives more than enough currency as I have a feeling that the hard difficulty is way too easy after a playthrough on normal (or easy), as you keep your upgrades.
Better buy the upcoming episodes.
And yes, if you like the comics the graphics are just awesome and right
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Is anyone else having problems unlocking the achievement kill 1500 walkers in Game Center?

I have achieved this twice now in the game (reseted my data to see if unlocking it twice works) am able to see the trivia it unlocks but for some reason Game Center just doesn't want to unlock it

I hate being stuck at 56/57 acheivements unlocked
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I find Walking Dead Assault a good game, but not enough to capture the real essence of zombie apocalypse like Telltale Games did with their version. It's just about killing walkers and collecting supplies. I can do that just fine in Dead Trigger. Perhaps I set my expectations too high? Well, don't let my personal opinion get in your way if you're thinking of getting this one.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm enjoying it so far but I do find a couple issues that hamper my enjoyment.

1. The gameplay is repetitive. If it had varied missions like "kill all walkers", "collect xx supplies", "reach destination b without getting killed" it might be better. After all, the comic is not just about killing the zombies: it's about survival. And another point to this: in the comic a gunshot will cause walkers to come after you, but in the game that's not so.

2. Controls. I find myself rotating when I'm trying to zoom and vice versa. I like to play games like this with a stylus (or one hand). If there was the option to add manual buttons that the screen could be rotated and zoomed with one finger I would enjoy it more.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx882 View Post
1. The gameplay is repetitive. If it had varied missions like "kill all walkers", "collect xx supplies", "reach destination b without getting killed" it might be better. After all, the comic is not just about killing the zombies: it's about survival. And another point to this: in the comic a gunshot will cause walkers to come after you, but in the game that's not so.

Any thoughts?
Exactly my point, gameplay IS repetitive. Why do we need to kill all walkers anyway?

Deleting this off my iPad to make way for Minigore Zombies.