Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2012, 05:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Tunnel Tail - by Best (iPhone)

Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 AM

No replies? Weird, this game is a gem! It is free and there's no IAP whatsoever!

A bit repetitive, but a lot of diversity in terms of loot and spells. The story is rather engaging and I really like the artwork. Gameplay is solid semi-squad turn-based RPG. Few flaws, very few.

Gave it 5/5, since it is free and there's no IAP. Quality of this level is rarely found in totally free games.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Agreed ... an hour plus into it I kept thinking,
"ok what's the catch?"
But there appeared to be none, as far as I could tell.

Fine free time waster by me.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 PM

The latest update, maybe it's just me, but characters are disfigured (bodyparts are flying around getting mixed up), intro is flickering and it keeps crashing. A shame, hope it gets fixed. Still, great job!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pham View Post
The latest update, maybe it's just me, but characters are disfigured (bodyparts are flying around getting mixed up), intro is flickering and it keeps crashing. A shame, hope it gets fixed. Still, great job!
I was gonna get this... But saw the Notes that it has a save file bug. It can be avoided as they have given instructions how to, but im just going to wait for the next version that has the bug fixed.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Not necessarily applicable, but the iPad version seemed fine after update and my save was intact ... fwiw
Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Banned

Look is great! Nice idea of this game.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Default Tunnel Tail Update Notes/Fixes

Hi Everyone,

This is David, I'm part of the development team behind Tunnel Tail. We are sorry if you have experienced or come across any issues - we are busily working on a new update that should fix them.

Please note: A bug has been discovered in the latest update that, when you update the game without uninstalling the old version, will cause the mice in your Burrow to look odd or partially invisible. This will not prevent you from being able to continue playing, it just makes the mice in the Burrow look weird.

If you do not want to delete your old version of the game, please hold off on installing this update. We are working on correcting this issue now and will release a new update that fixes this ASAP.

If you already installed this update and the mice in the Burrow are looking strange, it is safe to continue playing. The next update will correct this issue

Finally, if you're installing the game now for the very first time, you will not experience any of the issues that are currently being discussed.

Please contact our support team if you come across any problems at [URL="https://tunneltail.zendesk.com/home"]www.tunneltail.com/support[/URL]
Old 08-24-2012, 03:29 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This game is surprisingly good. It's a good RPG with combat that reminds me a bit of Battleloot Adventures, but it's more of a 1v1 battle system with some good strategy involved in it.

At first you will only have one Mouse in your Burrow. You send it to missions. Missions can be in 2 types, one is auto-complete, the other one is battles. Accepting a mission from outside your burrow takes some time for your Mouse to get there. At the start, it usually takes about 0 to 5 seconds to get to a mission. Then on auto-missions, it gives you the results when you open the mission screen after the mission timer is complete, and on Battles, when you open the mission after the timer is complete, you get to a battle screen.

Battles...
ATB-based. If you have played any of the ATB-based RPGs (FF3 and up... or was it FF4 and up? Chrono Trigger too) then you should be familiar with that. Here there is a level of tension. Some skills affect tension. Some skills have + or - tension, which changes the tension levels. Skills have colors attached to them, which represent tension levels, meaning a skill is more effective when it is used when there is the correct tension in the air for it. This makes a 1v1 atb-battle very strategic as it changes the way you play depending on how you and the opponent plays around with the tension levels.

Back to missions. Later on, missions will take about 2 or 3 minutes. This is as far as ive gone so far. I imagine there will be mission that take more time. That may sound bad, BUT, you will be recruiting more mice into your team so while the others do the missions that take a while to complete, you still have some other mice that can do the 0-5 second missions.

It's a bit complicated, but the balance between wait times and getting something else to do is very good. How? Tunnel Patrols. These are missions that dont have wait times at all as it occurs in your base. These mostly arent part of the story, but mostly a way to pass the time while your story mission mice do their missions, and it's a good way to recover from bad conditions (negative status effects) and to gain some experience.

Now, the bad. Load times. It isnt really bad as it takes only about 1 to 4 seconds (my estimate), but it is there. Especially when you go in and out of the maps where you tap to start and complete missions.

For something that is free, and NO IAP, this is a great game to pick up, especially for the RPG fans. It's free, it's unique, and it is a pretty satisfying RPG game, and it's free. Highly recommended. NO IAP whatsoever, and did I mention it's free?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Welp, I played for an hour.

And I really like what I see.

The tension mechanic makes the combat more original than otherwise, and the fusing of a mystery story with the combat mechanics via the quips and snippets of conversation that precede each attack help give the mice personality and the world they live in greater depth than expected. The art style could be cleaner, but it is wildly original, and while the combat animations are decent, they could be cleaner and less ragdoll-ish. Plus, I like the social aspect of the game: it is present, and gives clear incentive for participation, but it is unnecessary for progress.

In short, this game needs polish. But what is here is engaging and more strategic than almost any other free offering, and is a far more interesting title to at least try out. Considering that the game is FREE ON ALL ACCOUNTS, I.E. NO IAPs, OR ENTRY PRICE. Seriously, the devs released a game for free, completely and utterly, with no way to make a profit. That automatically makes them the monetary equivalent of saints on the app store. And that gives this game an automatic 4 stars.

Get this game if you are a fan of RPGs, and you can forgive some quirks and minor bugs. There is no way for this to touch your wallet, so don't worry about that. Just play the game for a little bit!

If it seems that I am giving this game a free pass, it is because it is a solid RPG and a COMPLETELY FREE game. Trust me, there is a lot to enjoy for fans of the RPG genre, and there is no cost at all besides your time playing the game.

And that is an ENORMOUS breath of fresh air.

Seriously. Check this out.

Sincerely,

Mr. Album

P.S. PLAY THIS GAME OR I WILL BEGIN SOME CRAZY EMAIL CAMPAIGNS XD (not really, but seriously, play the darn game).