★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: OH NO! Is Out!!

12-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
OH NO! Is Out!!

lols... it's similar to UNO, Oh-no. get it??
12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Uh, no..

12-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaa93 View Post
Uh, no..
lol... I see what you did there...

Frighftully good
12-02-2008, 04:51 PM
has anybody bought it yet who can tell us???

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Heres the link
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297496699&mt=8
Any reviews, i already have uno

"Insert generic signature here"
12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
there aren't any review in the appstore. Is this basically Uno just cheaper and with lesser graphics?

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
there aren't any review in the appstore.
Didn't armbruster put one up on touchapper? I think it was a week before the game came out so it's probably more in depth.
12-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Didn't armbruster put one up on touchapper? I think it was a week before the game came out so it's probably more in depth.

Ok, I bought it. I truly believe Armbruster lied in his review, or the developers payed him or something. I apologize if this isn't true but in his review the gameplay isnt mentioned very much and the good features he mentions aren't really that good. I very much doubt that you enjoyed this game as it is.

This is my own review, First of all , I want to make clear that I do not own UNO from gameloft because I think the price is too high (7.99).

-Now to the actual "Oh NO!" game. The "sexy menu" Armbruster describes is like any other menu of any other app in the appstore, the buttons are actually quite small (big fingered people beware).

-"many game settings, such as the game style, the game rules, and sounds with vibrations. This was all noticed before playing the game." --->There are really only 2 game styles with the difference being when the time at which the game ends, either "First out" or "Score". The options for the "game rules" are also only 2: "Classic" and "house", the difference of which I haven't figured out yet.

-"This game proves another level for casual gaming, where you can pull out and play almost anywhere. Quality control? You better believe it." --->The quality control described here is true, mostly because the game does everything for you except for swipping. The game highlights the cards you can use, which are usually only 1 or 2 and you can choose between those 2 by swiping from left to right, then you just swipe forward and wait for your turn. There are 4 players and you cannot change that number,there is no online multiplayer. Also you have to wait till they have all taken their turns and it can be quite frustrating when you are about to go and one of them uses the switching direction card with which you have to wait again till your turn comes. It does take a while till your turn comes, I recomend listening to good music

-"The gameplay has many twists and turns, many come directly from UNO, such as the Skip cards, the wild cards, the reverse cards, the draw 2 cards, etc. "---> Correction, ALL of them come from UNO, (at least that I know of). And I certainly wouldn;t call them "twists and turns" there aren't really any surprises or new elements in the game that separate it from regular UNO. Heck!, I'm sorry but I wouldn't even call this a game (swipe, swipe).

Final thoughts;

-If you want UNO get it as a pack of cards and play it with your friends (although all of you probably have something better to do). This game is not worth the 1.99 U.S. dollars I payed for it, as it it offers no creativity, Absolutely no replay value, since all you do is swipe the screen, no achievements to unlock or anything.
In the case that you LOVE UNO and need it in a kind of addict insane way. get the real UNO from gameloft which I promise (even though I don't own it) will be better.

If you buy this, trust me, the only "oh no!" you will say is "Oh No! why did I buy this?"

some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
12-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Ouch.
12-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I agree, Armbruster is a crappy reviewer...