Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Flap Flap (by Machineboy) Free 1st week of March!

Hi gamers!

My first iPhone game is finally finished and released on the App Store. Please give a warm welcome to Flap Flap

If you like casual, fun games I think you will enjoy Flap Flap. I'm happy to hear what you think!

Youtube link | Pop Up

FEATURES:

⁍ Beatiful Retina graphics, runs in HD on iPad when zoomed!
⁍ Two games for the price of one! Migration and Cloud Jump!
⁍ Fun and easy to pick up and play!
⁍ 5 different worlds to conquer
⁍ Match colours for awesome Power-ups!
⁍ A whole bunch of achievements to earn!
⁍ Online leaderboards, can you beat your friends or the world?
⁍ Share your score on Facebook!
⁍ Hand-painted visuals and original music track
⁍ And of course Flappie, the adorable bird!

Flap Flap supports Game Center, compare your score via online leaderboards and track your achievements.

Regards
Mattis, machineboy.com

Last edited by machineboy; 12-01-2012 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Adding features
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This looks good, has anyone given it a go? If not, I may pick it up in a bit.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
This looks good, has anyone given it a go? If not, I may pick it up in a bit.
This does look good. I really think the smaller guys need to learn to avoid Wednesdays-Thursdays to release their games.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:22 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Really nice casual game. Gameplay is similar to Touch Fly and Super Turbo Action Pig, but (as can be seen from the video above) what sets this apart is the more realistic inertia and movement. The game does a nice job of making you feel like you actually are controlling a bird. Also, you don't get "lives" but instead a continually depleting life bar which can be replenished by collecting rings. Various coloured rings also activate power-ups when you collect three in a row. Smooth, challenging, addictive and fun to play.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:08 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really nice casual game. Gameplay is similar to Touch Fly and Super Turbo Action Pig, but (as can be seen from the video above) what sets this apart is the more realistic inertia and movement. The game does a nice job of making you feel like you actually are controlling a bird. Also, you don't get "lives" but instead a continually depleting life bar which can be replenished by collecting rings. Various coloured rings also activate power-ups when you collect three in a row. Smooth, challenging, addictive and fun to play.
Thanks Gabrien, I really appreciate your feedback! It's fun seeing others enjoy what you've spent months making, so thanks again! If you have the time I would love if you could post this review on the App Store.

Thanks again for checking out my game!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
This does look good. I really think the smaller guys need to learn to avoid Wednesdays-Thursdays to release their games.
Are some days better or worse for releasing games? I think I read some rumors a while back, but I didn't understand why some days would be better than others. Are more high-profile games usually launched mid/late-week?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineboy View Post
Are some days better or worse for releasing games? I think I read some rumors a while back, but I didn't understand why some days would be better than others. Are more high-profile games usually launched mid/late-week?
They are. Wednesday night - Thursday morning depending on where in the world you're at.

And yes, I'll post a review at the (Aus) app store as well. Best of luck, this game deserves to do well.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Thanks Gabrien, I'll keep that in mind when I release an update or a new game. And thanks for the review!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:10 AM

Default Game Impressions

I've been killing a lot more time than I expected with this game in the past couple days. Another truly addictive pickup and play game. The game concept is almost the same as an older game in the appstore called Bluebird, tap to fly while conserving your energy and avoiding danger. This game is in landscape mode and has a bit more features than Bluebird though.. like enemies, going into different environments after a certain distance, and collecting different color rings in 3's for special effects, boosts, or temporary powerups. The gameplay is solid overall but one area I think could be slightly tweaked is the physics or inertia. Sometimes it feels like the bird falls at a high rate when I'd like for it to hover or glide a bit more instead of falling like a brick. Strong gravity, lol. Maybe make the tap control a little stronger or more responsive to avoid that sudden dip when needed. Other than that the physics are great and the game is really fun. Cool art style. I think having the stats and achievements thrown in is a cool extra, and going for distance to get atop the online leaderboards is always one of the best things about these types of games. I recommend pickup and play fans add this one to their collection.

EDIT: I've been playing this for 2 days and I just notice now you can keep flying by holding the FLAP button, I thought you had to keep tapping it. Duh. Makes a nice difference and the inertia problem I talked about earlier is not nearly as much of a problem as it was before. K now its time to get even higher up the leaderboards. Enemies start getting tough to avoid after the 2nd environment though.

Last edited by freedog; 02-11-2011 at 03:52 AM..
Old 02-11-2011, 03:45 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Freedog, thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the game, I'd be happy if you could post a review on the App Store as well for others to see.

Thanks again, and good suggestions for an update

Mattis