Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-01-2012, 04:44 PM

Default TESLA'S ELECTRIC MIST - (a point and click puzzle adventure game)

Tesla's Electric Mist just went live on the AppStore. It's now available for purchase.

Tesla's Electric Mist is a point and click adventure game revolving around the mysterious Nikola Tesla, a time traveling device he invented, and a big experiment gone wrong for the citizens of Colorado Springs in the late 1800's.

Here's the new official trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

In the game, you are the hero. Your family has a history with the great Nikola Tesla, inventor of the radio, alternating current, and patent holder of hundreds of electrical inventions. Your great-great-grandfather worked for Tesla in Colorado Springs around the turn of the century. A family secret has been passed down over the generations since then, that some day Tesla would need your family's help once more. What this means, no one in your family really knows. But the time has come, and you will be the one to answer the call.

Using a time traveling device invented by Tesla, you will travel back in time to Colorado Springs. And only you will have it in your power to save the people of Colorado Springs, and in fact, Tesla himself, from an experiment gone terribly wrong.

Like us Facebook or follow us on Twitter:
http://www.facebook.com/TeslasElectricMist
http://twitter.com/iCOOLgeeks

For Inquiries Regarding Reviews you can reach us via email us at (consult "at" icoolgeeks dot com).

Features:
  • The classic point and click adventure game re-imagined for touch devices
  • Elegant artwork in every scene
  • A story line that draws you into the mystery
  • Almost 200 scenes with dozens of puzzles that build upon each other
  • Beautiful soundtrack and sound effects
  • In-game hint guide, for those tough to beat puzzles
  • A dynamic map that keeps track of your progress
  • Important clues you come across are recorded automatically in your trusty notepad
  • Professionally translated into several languages - with more to come
  • Currently available for iOS - Android, Kindle Fire, and Nook versions to be out soon.

This family friendly game is a joy to play for individuals of all ages.

For Inquiries Regarding Reviews you can reach us via email us at (consult "at" icoolgeeks dot com).

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-08-2012 at 10:04 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Default App of the Day on AppAdvice - and FREE PROMO's

Tesla's Electric Mist got named as one of the apps of the day on AppAdvice today!
Today's Best Apps: Poker Knight, Tesla's Electric Mist And More
Out of thousands of new daily apps approved by apple, they pick three each day as their apps of the day. Thought it was worth sharing.

And thanks to any of you who have already downloaded it, I really appreciate it.

I'll be posting some free promo codes today.
Just Private Message me, and it goes without saying that I would expect an honest and timely review in return. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:55 PM

I just created a $100 iTunes Gift Card contest for reviewing Tesla's Electric Mist.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=168638

So, anyone who does a review and posts it to that contest qualifies for the drawing.
Also, additional entries can be had for creating a youtube video.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Not sure what to think about this. Tesla was a remarkable man. And I would like to share short video for everyone who is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT2ZAyuEyDE

-Altrez
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM

AppAdvice.com just did a full review of Tesla's Electric Mist. Anyone interested can check it out here:
http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/12/q...aselectricmist
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Been tied up with work but am giving this a whirl
tonight. Will leave impressions in the morning.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM

Tesla's Electric Mist got a write up in a weekly article by Eric Pankoke over at TouchMyApps called "10 New App Store Games To Watch".

I encourage you to read the whole article, but it doesn't look like it's letting me post the link, so here are some highlights about our game from the article:
Quote:
I got the opportunity to help beta test this game, and I was so excited to see it finally come out. Teslaís Electric Mist involves time travelling and an experiment gone wrong..., the crux of many a good science fiction story.
There is plenty of challenge, but youíll never feel like youíve really gotten stuck anywhere. The graphics are among the best Iíve seen in an iOS adventure game, and thereís enough to do that youíll never get bored... this is one top notch product.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

great news
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Finally got to play this over the last two nights and have to say I really enjoyed it. It really does do what it says on the tin and is an old school point and click adventure game with puzzles along the way. I've done the first two levels which last about an hour or so each. Level 2 was longer than level 1 and the music change to make it more tensen and exciting. I'm reading Pynchon's Against the Day which is why this piqued my interest as Tesla features in the novel.
Whilst I really like this game and will hopefullu complete it over the next few days it is pretty much a genre piece. My eldest son is 10 years old and plays and enjoys the Monkey Island games on iOS but when he saw this he said it was a Dad game and i fear he's right. It lacks animation and frills. I personally don't see this as a bad thing as I used to play text adventures in the 80s but it's a hard sell these days. Font styles etc need sprucing up too if it's to get wider appeal.
I must say I really like it and enjoy it but it needs a design-eye to make it graphically beautiful.
For fans of old school adventures it really is worth a go - just be prepared to put an hour aside to get into it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Finally got to play this over the last two nights and have to say I really enjoyed it. It really does do what it says on the tin and is an old school point and click adventure game with puzzles along the way. I've done the first two levels which last about an hour or so each. Level 2 was longer than level 1 and the music change to make it more tensen and exciting. I'm reading Pynchon's Against the Day which is why this piqued my interest as Tesla features in the novel.
Whilst I really like this game and will hopefullu complete it over the next few days it is pretty much a genre piece. My eldest son is 10 years old and plays and enjoys the Monkey Island games on iOS but when he saw this he said it was a Dad game and i fear he's right. It lacks animation and frills. I personally don't see this as a bad thing as I used to play text adventures in the 80s but it's a hard sell these days. Font styles etc need sprucing up too if it's to get wider appeal.
I must say I really like it and enjoy it but it needs a design-eye to make it graphically beautiful.
For fans of old school adventures it really is worth a go - just be prepared to put an hour aside to get into it.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and it's always cool to hear comments about the little things that tend to go unnoticed usually, like the music and how the intensity goes up with it like you said.
It's funny you mentioned your 10 old son's reaction to it. We actually have a 10 year old fan who's been emailing me via support just to rave about the game non-stop it seems. He ran into one of our bugs, and ever since then he's been emailing a few times each day just to say how much he loves the game, at one point he said he's played it all the way through over 10 times now (and it's only been out for like 5 days.) Crazy.