★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

InstaPlace (not a game but still great in its own right!) IS NOW FREE!

12-01-2012, 11:33 PM
InstaPlace (not a game but still great in its own right!) IS NOW FREE!

This a QUALITY app that I highly recommend to photo enthusiasts. It uses the FourSquare location service and is very good at finding places of interest. Support the developers by "Liking" the InstaPlace Facebook page as they're working on more updates/content
12-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Can you use it WITHOUT Instagram? I love good photo apps, but I've never and will never use Instagram.

12-02-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Can you use it WITHOUT Instagram? I love good photo apps, but I've never and will never use Instagram.
As far as I know you can use it without Instagram. I've either saved photos that I've applied a skin to the camera roll or imported photos from the camera roll to be skinned without going anywhere near Instagram.
12-02-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
As far as I know you can use it without Instagram. I've either saved photos that I've applied a skin to the camera roll or imported photos from the camera roll to be skinned without going anywhere near Instagram.
Thanks. There's no better way to ruin a photo and prove you know jack squat how REAL lens filters and vintage film and stock look.

And don't even get me started on "HDR"...which should be called oversaturation and way off whote balance.

Pfft.
12-02-2012, 04:02 PM
So what do you guys/girls think of InstaPlace? Pretty cool, eh?
12-03-2012, 10:40 AM
No feedback despite over 300 views? Must be due to all those top games going free recently.
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
The reviews on the app make it seem like if you aren't in a big city or something that it's pretty much useless since you can't add custom locations and stuff.
12-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
The reviews on the app make it seem like if you aren't in a big city or something that it's pretty much useless since you can't add custom locations and stuff.
?? It uses the FourSquare location service which is pretty good at locating places, even in smaller towns and far away countries. I haven't had any problems locating nearby bars, restaurants, police stations, supermarkets, etc. Hell, it even found my bus stop! All you need to do is tap on the "My Place" tab and use the search bar. I do agree with you about custom locations and hope that the developers add that in a future update.
12-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
So what do you guys/girls think of InstaPlace? Pretty cool, eh?
It's called "I have a trillion untested apps, photo apps included".

I still have yet to really use Diptic, Snapseed, Pixlromatic+, instant110, Squara, infinicam, Filmic Pro, Photopower, etc. and those apps I have installed!

I nearly aways have at 3 cameras in my car: my Sony Nex-7, a Nikkon point-and-shoot; and my Sony Alpha 900 (my old work camera). If I'm working or going on a photo expedition, I'll have my new pro cam, a Sony a99, which I just bought.

Edit: so I usually take pics with a Camera camera, not my phone. I'm stuck w/16gbs of storage on my phone; I have double that on one Sd Ultra III memory card.

Yes, I have a very large trunk. I drive a Volvo S60.

Last edited by Greyskull; 12-03-2012 at 02:51 PM.
12-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
It's called "I have a trillion untested apps, photo apps included".

I still have yet to really use Diptic, Snapseed, Pixlromatic+, instant110, Squara, infinicam, Filmic Pro, Photopower, etc. and those apps I have installed!

I nearly aways have at 3 cameras in my car: my Sony Nex-7, a Nikkon point-and-shoot; and my Sony Alpha 900 (my old work camera). If I'm working or going on a photo expedition, I'll have my new pro cam, a Sony a99, which I just bought.

Yes, I have a very large trunk. I drive a Volvo S60.
Why would you need THREE cameras in your car??