★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NightmareHD - [Universal] - $3.99 -> FREE

12-02-2012, 07:00 AM
NightmareHD - [Universal] - $3.99 -> FREE

12-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Is it worth checking out?

12-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Is it worth checking out?
Judging from Sanuku's vid in the main thread, I'd say no. But personally, I'm not interested in predetermined and acted out fights. All you need to do is swipe when the screen tells you to so that the fight keeps playing out. It looks pretty dull to me, but I know there's got to be some people out there who would enjoy it (though I'm guessing not many since it's going free pretty soon after release...) =o/
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Judging from Sanuku's vid in the main thread, I'd say no. But personally, I'm not interested in predetermined and acted out fights. All you need to do is swipe when the screen tells you to so that the fight keeps playing out. It looks pretty dull to me, but I know there's got to be some people out there who would enjoy it (though I'm guessing not many since it's going free pretty soon after release...) =o/
I have enjoyed Infinite Warrior too much and now have even considered it as a part of my GotY list, and the similarity with NightmareHD was the one that prompted me to buy this on the second day of its release, and i want to let ya'll know that... I am disappointed with NightmareHD. Sure it may have some "woh cool" moments, but it's nothing to write home about, and the animations are a bit stiff at times.

Overall, i'd say "it's ok", but it isnt something id easily recommend.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I swear the screenshots look like they're straight out of Battle Arena: Toshinden.
12-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Yup... samey 90's 3d art style.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I swear the screenshots look like they're straight out of Battle Arena: Toshinden.
Yeah, graphics look good, will give it a try. Hopefully it will be fun.
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Much as I hate being negative, this one lasted about a minute for me...

Think bad copy of IB, with no story and no real idea of what is supposed to be happening, short of swiping every now and then...

Ugh.

DBC

I could never give up.
12-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Much as I hate being negative, this one lasted about a minute for me...

Think bad copy of IB, with no story and no real idea of what is supposed to be happening, short of swiping every now and then...

Ugh.

DBC
Well, that is not too promising, installing right now, let's see how it is.
12-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Well, that is not too promising, installing right now, let's see how it is.
Wow,one of the weirdest games I have ever played on my new ipad. This game has oh so much potential, but so much wrong with it at the same time.

The graphics look wonderful, kind of a soul caliber feel. The whole problem is the fighting mechanics. It is a merger of infinity blad, and a music rhyme game. It fails miserably at that. There is a huge arrow thing in the middle and you mimick it, but I don't understand why it's not to the side or anything.

Anyway, they should have made this into a soul caliber game with regular controls, it would probably be a really good game cause the graphics are really good. Or make it into an infinity blade clone.

Wowzers, so good yet so terrible. Overall though, instadelete after 5 minutes. But it was well worth the download to see what it was about, and the graphics are cool. But dang, the gameplay sucks. Really hope they do an update on this game somehow and salvage it, cause it has so much potential, kind of like x waterman. Too bad to see so much effort put into a game, and it to come out sooooo short. Try it if you are curious.