Support our Sponsors:

Old 06-19-2012, 01:04 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Block Story

From the block story website, posted by one of the developers: "Last night we got the game working on an iphone 3gs. 💩 We were getting about 12-20 fps which was playable. 💩It should be fine on newer models.

There were a few changes in the code to get this to work. Unity for iphone has some very weird restrictions, that you just have to work around.

Anyway, I submitted the full version to the apple app store. I will submit the lite version this afternoon. Hopefully they will approve it sometime this week, and then what is currently the #1 requested feature will be fullfilled.

The first few days will be critical, as the first reviews really set the tone. So if you have an iphone, want to play this game and want to see it succeed, please support us and leave us good reviews."
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 AM

For those of you who don't know, block story is a mash up of morrowind and minecraft, literally, with good 3d models like 85 enemies and a multitude of weapons, as well as a sandbox infinite environment like in mine craft.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 AM

This is on android already correct? If it is this game looks awesome!!! How long does it usually take apple to approve the app?
Old 06-19-2012, 06:42 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbcorwin View Post
From the block story website, posted by one of the developers: "Last night we got the game working on an iphone 3gs. �� We were getting about 12-20 fps which was playable. ��It should be fine on newer models.
Thank you Kbcorwin for making this thread. We are very happy to see our application being talked about around cyberspace.

Here is a link to our web site www.blockstory.net
We have tons of screenshots in our facebook page
www.facebook.com/BlockStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
it would be better if they can cut down on effects and improve upon framerate.
All effects are optional. You can go to Settings -> Graphics and lower the quality or disable every effect. This framerate was just at default settings.

Moreover, just yesterday we made a major optimization that should bring about a nice FPS increase. Believe me, we live and and breath FPS and obsess about looking for ways to improve it. The other obsession is sales reports .

As a matter of fact, I bought an old iphone 3gs specifically so that I would optimize for it instead of newer models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamertactics440 View Post
This is on android already correct? If it is this game looks awesome!!! How long does it usually take apple to approve the app?
Yes. The game has been available for the past 2 1/2 weeks in google play. Check out the screenshots in facebook.

So far we are the highest rated Infiniminer clone in google play, including Minecraft PE, BlockWorld, Minebuilder and Petravis (knock on wood)

We are developing very fast, and in this time we have already made 6 updates, including Crafting.

Hope you guys enjoy the game. You can expect great many features to follow shortly after the initial release.

Last edited by paulpach; 06-19-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Old 06-19-2012, 08:30 AM

I will support you ! This game looks incredible !
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamertactics440 View Post
Anywhere from a few days, if you're well known like gameloft, to three weeks if you're game has a lot of content/ the developer is not well known. Average time for a large game like this is, I think, around a week to two weeks, if no issues that require resubmission are found.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 AM

This game looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait to play it!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:59 AM

So when will this be out?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florendas View Post
So when will this be out?
It was submitted to apple for review last Friday, review process can take awhile, probably anywhere from 1 week- 1 month until the game is released
Old 06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbcorwin View Post
...We were getting about 12-20 fps which was playable. ...
Uh...no.