• Publisher: John T. Floros
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 46.5 MB
  • Version: 2.4.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: It's FREE!!!! A New and Unique Sudoku Word Puzzle game.

July 2013: Top #150 App in USA - Games/Words
July 2013: Top #25 App in Guinea - Games/Words

5 Star Reviews
"Great Game!!! I Love the challenge..." -iTunes Reviewer 1111:-)
"Awesome! I can't put it down." -iTunes Reviewer Salsa341

From Game Inventor
According to the game inventor, John T. Floros, Tapestry Twist was named after the motion of weaving letters in and out of colored threads to create a pattern or Tapestry. The Twist stems from solving Sudoku puzzles but with letters and not numbers.

Tapestry Twist History
Each puzzle is created by hand. In Tapestry Twist, you solve the puzzle by filling in the empty cells with a single character (from the word or phrase) that doesn't violate the Twist Rule. The Twist Rule is: Complete the puzzle so that each row, column, and group contains all the letters of the word or phrase only once. The word or phrase can be found in the grid "in order" only once. It can be horizontal, vertical, diagonal, forward or backwards.

New Features
Tapestry Twist 2.0 comes complete with 118 puzzles, new intuitive design for improved game play, up to 15 multi-character words for increased difficulty, intuitive touch controls, an assist slash tool to deduce letter placement, multi-color grids for clearly depicting groups, and a puzzle-solver option capable of completing each word grid called Hints. Hints allows the user to place the correct letter inside the puzzle grid in order to increase solvability. 10 Hints are given to start play with the option to purchase 20 Hints for $0.99.

adamdarcy's comments:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapestry-twist-free-word-sudoku/id571340178?mt=8

[IMG][/IMG]

First, you have to unscramble the title based on the hint. Then plug the title into the puzzle where it belongs: either from top to bottom or reverse, from side to side in either direction or from either corner. The title will only spell out correctly once. Then, start by plugging in the rest of the letters making sure, like in Sudoku, that no row, column or individual grouping has any repeating letters in it. If you have any individual questions, please contact me at puzzleman42@yahoo.com. I'd be happy to answer anything and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
12-02-2012, 11:02 PM

This is an interesting game, but it could sure use better instructions. Regardless, I was able to figure out what to do after a few minutes.

One other suggestion is to include a "pencil" mode to help make the Sudoku style part ("step 3") of the game easier. For the easy puzzles it always seems to be fairly obvious how to place the letters, but I assume that part gets more difficult for the higher levels.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 12-02-2012 at 11:36 PM.
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I really enjoy playing this game. It passes the time nicely.