Old 12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

What Glu games do you guys like? Is there some good ones that arent so hard on the IAP thing?

I am all the way to tournament 5 on B&G2 is that kind of far with no IAP?

Last edited by Amenbrother; 12-02-2012 at 05:38 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

You can get far in samurai vs zombie without iaps and also zombie HQ. I do love most of their games and also wish they made freemium games
Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I love Glu Games. But what breaks my heart are the games with excruciating IAP. My finest example is Blood and Glory II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Ya I actually earned enough of the premium currency on B&G2 to buy some special priced weapon that helped me get kind of far but now I am struggling.
You're not alone on that one. No matter how much grinding I did, the difficulty curve combined with the IAP wall and I just couldn't get past a certain stage no matter how hard or how long I tried. With my measly sword I had to take down enemies with ridiculous HP and that could destroy me and crush my shield with one swipe. If I remember correctly, it was around stage 15, maybe? Can't remember for sure, it was probably one third or one half of the entire game.

But there are others that I still have on my phone to this day. Lil' Kingdom is one of them. My girlfriend and I can vouche for that game because it's IAP wall isn't set so high compared to their other games.

Contract Killer:Zombies and Contract Killer: Zombies 2 are pretty good as well. I own both non zombie CKs as well, but I prefer the zombie ones. I played CK:Z, but replaced it with CK:Z 2 when it came out and so far it seems pretty well balanced for me.

Tavern Quest is also pretty well balanced. A lot of their management style games are pretty forgiving with the currency.

I have many more Glu Games, but haven't played them that much.

Last edited by Eoghann; 12-02-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 08:01 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
You can get far in samurai vs zombie without iaps and also zombie HQ. I do love most of their games and also wish they made freemium games
Their games ARE freemium. Do you know what freemium means?

And to Bramblett: those games came out 2008-2009 or 10 (not sure about Glyder 2).

EDIT:Zombie HQ isn't Glu. To bad I deleted it before any updates...I had nearly everything in the game, an bajillions of premium currency without using iaps. But therein lies the problem with any game that uses purchasable currency: you usually can't back your game up properly and if you need to delete one to make room, it's effectively unplayable again.

Last edited by Greyskull; 12-04-2012 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: added info
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
I love Glu Games. But what breaks my heart are the games with excruciating IAP. My finest example is Blood and Glory II.

You're not alone on that one. No matter how much grinding I did, the difficulty curve combined with the IAP wall and I just couldn't get past a certain stage no matter how hard or how long I tried. With my measly sword I had to take down enemies with ridiculous HP and that could destroy me and crush my shield with one swipe. If I remember correctly, it was around stage 15, maybe? Can't remember for sure, it was probably one third or one half of the entire game.

But there are others that I still have on my phone to this day. Lil' Kingdom is one of them. My girlfriend and I can vouche for that game because it's IAP wall isn't set so high compared to their other games.

Contract Killer:Zombies and Contract Killer: Zombies 2 are pretty good as well. I own both non zombie CKs as well, but I prefer the zombie ones. I played CK:Z, but replaced it with CK:Z 2 when it came out and so far it seems pretty well balanced for me.

Tavern Quest is also pretty well balanced. A lot of their management style games are pretty forgiving with the currency.

I have many more Glu Games, but haven't played them that much.
Thanks for the response! I am starting to get stuck on contract killer 2 now... Non zombie one.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Blood and glory 1+2 are fun to play for 30 min to one hour, then you either hit the paywall or get bored. Well worth trying I guess, but waste of disk space to keep on for long.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Blood and glory 1+2 are fun to play for 30 min to one hour, then you either hit the paywall or get bored. Well worth trying I guess, but waste of disk space to keep on for long.
Ya I just deleted it myself since in 1 hit I am dead. No way to get past that without IAP
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 AM
iPad, iOS 4.x

i got bored and deleted it..lol but twas true..30 minutes - 1 hour i really have fun on it
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 AM

A couple of their games have gone paid recently, odd.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

One of the first games I tried on my first iPod touch back in 2010/2011 was Gin Bros. grinder and did a bunch of those free premium currency deals and ended with the best armor set. Eventually I got so bored with the game cause I was too over powered. Still..when I was up for mindless fun, I'd used to fire up gun bros for a few rounds.