★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SAGA Catapult ($1.99) Lite is out

06-25-2009, 04:14 AM
SAGA Catapult ($1.99) Lite is out

Hey guys, I saw on the latest releases a 2 dollar game SAGA Catapult. Looks interesting, and almost like Archmage but forward looking. Since I was so dissapointed by Archmage, was wonderin if anyone got this game yet and if it's as good as it looks, or perhaps it's gonna just fade into obscurity. Anyhow that's all, this is my first thread.

edit: One thing to point out: it looks like it has decent graphics and lot of depth. I just tried the website, but it's not operational. This appears to be their first game, and they refer to it as an "epic action tactical shooter", and it has dragons, dwarves, dark elves, tanks, mech giants, and more do defend against wave after wave, with your "catapult". Ok, my thread is lame, but there it is doesn't seem to be much activity on TA the past day anyhow, so what can it hurt, right??

[App Store] ($1.99)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Prab; 07-08-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: added youtube video and app store link
06-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
I have a video of the gameplay on my youtube channel, click link in sig and search

06-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Great vid! I'm so glad you replied! Now I'm gonna check your youtube for all the game app vids LOL.

I noticed you're tilting the iPhone when launchin a boulder, I assume this is the "curve" the iTunes page talks about.
Looks kinda hard, but I'll prob get it later this week, or wait till the price goes to 99cents. I think it looks like a 99 cent app IMHO
06-25-2009, 10:01 AM
If looks were everything, Zork would be the worst game in the history of video games.
06-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
If looks were everything, Zork would be the worst game in the history of video games.
That would be pretty sweet if someone made a graphical Zork.

06-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
That would be pretty sweet if someone made a graphical Zork.
A graphical Zork on the iPhone would be really cool. I just hope they do it more justice than the later graphical Zork adventures on the PC.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
Hey guys, I saw on the latest releases a 2 dollar game SAGA Catapult. Looks interesting, and almost like Archmage but forward looking. Since I was so dissapointed by Archmage, was wonderin if anyone got this game yet and if it's as good as it looks, or perhaps it's gonna just fade into obscurity. Anyhow that's all, this is my first thread, and sorry, I'm not sure how to make iTune links or I'd post it.

edit: One thing to point out: it looks like it has decent graphics and lot of depth. I just tried the website, but it's not operational. This appears to be their first game, and they refer to it as an "epic action tactical shooter", and it has dragons, dwarves, dark elves, tanks, mech giants, and more do defend against wave after wave, with your "catapult". Ok, my thread is lame, but there it is doesn't seem to be much activity on TA the past day anyhow, so what can it hurt, right??
More of what I think is being termed a "Castle Defense" game I'd think...but then again since the enemies are attacking the town offscreen and not you directly...I guess an "Action" TD since you control the lone "tower"?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
it's more like wall defense

but yeah castle defense in 3D

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
07-08-2009, 07:22 PM
This is now in the Top 100 games.

Video of the gameplay is here
http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/25/sa...now-available/
08-02-2009, 08:15 AM
The lite version is out.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!