★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fight your way through thousands floors of dungeons. Get precious treasures and slay undead creatures of hell to make your character stronger.
Play smart and use spells and abilities wisely to stay alive. Choose a hero that fit your playstyle and learn weaknesses in monster composition to beat them all.

Dungeon Journey is very simple and very deep at the same time. Best roguelike for everyone!
11-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Any Impressions? ty!

I am reviewing and beta testing games on the TA-Forums, if you are interested pm me!
See my post history for examples: http://forums.toucharcade.com/search...rchid=14822353
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/forsakeNXE Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/forsakeNXE

11-14-2016, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenxe View Post
Any Impressions? ty!
Iap? Some of those assets looks familiar? Not touching with out impressions for sure.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
11-14-2016, 05:34 PM
When I posted this game, I didn't realize it was a paid game with IAP which I am always suspicious of. If anyone wants to take the plunge here be my guest, While it looks cool, I have been burned a lot lately so I'm taking a pass
11-14-2016, 06:51 PM
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit so far, although I've only played through one dungeon. It does use the Dungelot mechanic of uncovering tiles, but the fighting element is very different in that you can block and riposte which require presice timing. It gives the game a much more active feel than other games in the sub-genre.

Regarding iap, they don't seem to be necessary but provide faster ways to buy equipment and get performance perks. The perks you can pick up randomly in the dungeons and equipment can be purchased with gold - also found throughout the dungeons. Different characters can be unlocked through progress and also don't seem to require iaps.

Really like the graphics/animations of the monsters as well. So far, definitely worth the 1.99.
11-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Thanks for sharing your impressions definitly considering picking this up now
11-14-2016, 10:23 PM
If anyone else has thoughts that would be appreciated =]
11-14-2016, 11:41 PM
A few more thoughts now that I've logged a couple hours of playtime:

- the game has a ton more depth than I realized, including gems to slot into equipment, monsters you can summon to help you, and lots of other random spells you can find
- it's challenging at first but equipment drops pretty regularly and you level fairly quickly - so it's not long before you can hold your own. The iap will speed up the process but is definitely not necessary
- as you level up you can increase your stat points and also assign points to your active and passive abilities
- I just unlocked the rogue (you start with a caster and a knight unlocked) and it looks like play style will vary significantly based on your character

This has been a great find and i highly recommend for those on the fence
11-15-2016, 01:32 AM
This is a game that has a steam version and it was pretty good.
11-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchram View Post
A few more thoughts now that I've logged a couple hours of playtime:

- the game has a ton more depth than I realized, including gems to slot into equipment, monsters you can summon to help you, and lots of other random spells you can find
- it's challenging at first but equipment drops pretty regularly and you level fairly quickly - so it's not long before you can hold your own. The iap will speed up the process but is definitely not necessary
- as you level up you can increase your stat points and also assign points to your active and passive abilities
- I just unlocked the rogue (you start with a caster and a knight unlocked) and it looks like play style will vary significantly based on your character

This has been a great find and i highly recommend for those on the fence
I can agree, but to add, you need to manually block with your shield. The game is legit and pretty darn good. Plays very similar to Dungeonlot.