★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
#11
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,301
Looks like my kind of game, but 3 battles isn't enough for me to pull the trigger. Sure, there are some grognard level wargames which simulate a SINGLE batlle, but those battles are usually lengthy, front sized campaigns in a much larger war, requiring the player to manage logistics, materiel, etc. and feature division/army level c&c. Korsun Pocket for example.
12-05-2012, 11:35 AM
#12
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Looks like my kind of game, but 3 battles isn't enough for me to pull the trigger. Sure, there are some grognard level wargames which simulate a SINGLE batlle, but those battles are usually lengthy, front sized campaigns in a much larger war, requiring the player to manage logistics, materiel, etc. and feature division/army level c&c. Korsun Pocket for example.
I have that game also, I wish they would bring that to ios but I would be such a niche market I dought it will ever happen. Again, IMO, for the price this game is worth it plus your supporting a dev who is actually bring these niche games to ios.

GAMECENTER ID: Cali9ula
Hearthstone Caligula#1384
Games: Ascension, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow, Frozen Synapse, Titan HD, La Havre, NS Hex, Puerto Rico HD, BA & Panzer Corps

12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
#13
Website updated

Hi,

We have updated our website to show the graphical figure unit style we have added to the game. Please have a look at:

http://www.thebitstreamers.com

Br,
Blit
12-05-2012, 02:21 PM
#14
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,164
I would love to see the name of the game changed on the springboard. I hate seeing the ellipsis in the middle of the name. I'm sure "Civil War" would fit fine.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-05-2012, 02:31 PM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I would love to see the name of the game changed on the springboard. I hate seeing the ellipsis in the middle of the name. I'm sure "Civil War" would fit fine.
Hi,

A valid comment, will be included in the first update.

Br,
Blit

Last edited by thebitstreamers; 12-05-2012 at 03:01 PM.
12-06-2012, 01:55 PM
#16
Some news

Dear TouchArcaders,

We have started working on an update including some surprises for you.
Will share more over the coming days.

Br,
Blit
12-06-2012, 03:19 PM
#17
New trailer and thanks

Dear TouchArcaders,

A new, clearer and better trailer will be released tomorrow around this time.

Further I want to thank all early birds who have bought our game.
It is great to receive so many positive reactions, this gives the whole dev team additional energy to work on the coming update. Thank you for that

Br,
Blit
12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
#18
Coming Update

Hi Touch Arcaders,

The coming update, which we will try to get out before Christmas, will bring at least the following items:

* Proper retina icon
* Game pause, this will enable one to stop playing the game, switch off the iPad and continue at the last game position at a time that suits the players agenda. Currently one can only continue a game as long as the iPad is not switched off but kept in standby/sleep mode.

Br,
Blit
12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
#19
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 3,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebitstreamers View Post
Hi Touch Arcaders,

The coming update, which we will try to get out before Christmas, will bring at least the following items:

* Proper retina icon
* Game pause, this will enable one to stop playing the game, switch off the iPad and continue at the last game position at a time that suits the players agenda. Currently one can only continue a game as long as the iPad is not switched off but kept in standby/sleep mode.

Br,
Blit
What you're describing sounds like an automatic save? Correct?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-07-2012, 01:21 PM
#20
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,347
I have zero interest in the American civil war but this does indeed look faithful to proper old school hex wargaming