TITAN - Escape the Tower - for iPhone - (by Microids)
NZ Release info :
The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 97.3 MB.
Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Will you escape from the Tower?
The great block breaker* developed by Titus Interactive in 1988 is back with a brand-new HD version featuring superb 3D environments.
* when Titan was released in 1988, it was awarded the Oscar for Innovation at the CES in Chicago
Locked up in an 80-level tower by a mad scientist, use your brainpower to help you to escape.
Armed with your pod (a cubic robot) and a metal ball, avoid the numerous traps and try to find the way out.
Titan is an innovative block breaker in which you control a cube at the center of the screen that allows you to move a ball in all directions and destroy the bricks.
In this game, it is not reflexes that count because you are inside an enclosed arena and the ball cannot get out.
It is brainpower and strategy that will carry the day. In each arena, different surprises and riddles await you… you will have to try to understand how to get out and, above all, how to avoid the traps. Some bricks can be destroyed by the ball, others by your pod. Teleporters allow you to navigate from one zone to another, the ice makes you slide, while mortal robot-pods try to hunt you down and traps try to destroy you…
• 80 diabolical levels from the original game
• A captivating futuristic universe
• Superb 3D environments
• An original gameplay offering varied situations (clear a passage for the ball by breaking the blocks with the racket, use teleporters, and much more…)
• 8 different universes offering their own specific traps and gameplay subtleties (Prison, Techno, Forest, Ice, Water, Air, Fire, Alien)
• With two difficulty levels, normal and original, this version offers the same conditions as the original game (speed, number of lives), with the added advantage of being able to save your progress.
• 2 camera positions (close-up and distant)
• 2 camera angles (overhead view, the same as for the original TITAN, and perspective view)
You have a comment, an opinion, a question, a proposition about one of our games or apps?
join our Facebook fanpage!
You have a technical issue?
How fun is this game? @sanuku
looking at your gameplay vid. it looks like a puzzle blockbreaker with some neat elements to it but it also seems frustrating as you sometimes chase the ball around the screen to get it to move to where you want.
"TouchArcade covers the latest games and apps for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch. We are the largest site dedicated to iPhone and iPod Touch gaming with nearly three quarters of a million unique visitors per month."
While we now accept iTunes Promotional Codes for games, we can't guarantee that your app will be reviewed or covered. Only one promotion code is required. Feel free to send promo codes to email@example.com.
While we appreciate the promo codes, notable app pre-announcements and preview copies are also of interest to our readers. Please feel free to contact us at the same email address about these opportunities.
Note: we rarely (if ever) solicit developers directly for promo codes. If you receive such an email, please contact us.
We have advertising opportunities available to iPhone and iPod Touch developers. If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome news releases, previews, screenshots and video links for existing or upcoming iPhone and iPod Games. We can't promise a personal reply but we do try to evaluate every title submitted. Please send press releases or general inquiries to email@example.com.