★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Having trouble with Baseball Sluggers 3D

06-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Having trouble with Baseball Sluggers 3D

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Gotta start off by saying I love this site, and ya'll seem to be building quite the Iphone gaming community here.

Couple of quick questions about Baseball Sluggers 3D.

1. Has anyone else had issues connecting to the multiplayer? I can just never connect. I get a "Server connection error" EVERY time I try connecting. I have tried 3G and Wifi and neither work, but all my other online enabled apps are working fine.

2. How do you unlock the ability to purchase new equipment/clothing? I only got the game yesterday so I have roughly 350 gold balls. But whenever I go into the "store" to purchase new equipment, EVERY item is locked. Do the items unlock as you earn enough gold balls? Is 350 gold balls not enough to purchase even the lowest rated upgrades?

3. I have found the spot where you can see your record and current homeruin totals, but is there not a place where you can see your current ACCUMULATED score? Some of the achievements are for very high scores, so I am assuming that they are not all expected to done in a single session.

Thanks in advance.
06-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted247 View Post
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Gotta start off by saying I love this site, and ya'll seem to be building quite the Iphone gaming community here.

2. How do you unlock the ability to purchase new equipment/clothing? I only got the game yesterday so I have roughly 350 gold balls. But whenever I go into the "store" to purchase new equipment, EVERY item is locked. Do the items unlock as you earn enough gold balls? Is 350 gold balls not enough to purchase even the lowest rated upgrades?

Thanks in advance.
You need to double click them, and buy them. It's a store, not unlockables. That should answer your question .

06-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exalep View Post
You need to double click them, and buy them. It's a store, not unlockables. That should answer your question .
In my version they are all "locked". They have an image of a padlock on EVERY item!
06-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Quote:

1. Has anyone else had issues connecting to the multiplayer? I can just never connect. I get a "Server connection error" EVERY time I try connecting. I have tried 3G and Wifi and neither work, but all my other online enabled apps are working fine.

3. I have found the spot where you can see your record and current homeruin totals, but is there not a place where you can see your current ACCUMULATED score? Some of the achievements are for very high scores, so I am assuming that they are not all expected to done in a single session.

Thanks in advance.
Wrong section btw but here goes-Edit been moved

1- I have no idea sorry...I sometimes get kicked off a game whilst playing with it saying bad connection even tho i know that's not the case and some other players have this problem as well

2- To purchase items just click on whatever you want even tho locked and it will tell you how many gold balls it requires to purchase that item...Click on item again and it will say do you want to purchase item for x amount of balls..Y or N...Click yes and it's yours

3- The first figure in your records is your best score and the figure on the right of that is your accumulated score...Ie Homerun 56/6156 called hr 5/179 crash 19/1672 pole hit 4/207 cycling 7/565 ...So in this example for homerun say the 56 is your best score and the 6156 is your accumulated score...Hope this helps a bit...Good Luck

Last edited by THE STUD; 06-25-2009 at 07:25 AM.
06-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Quote:
In my version they are all "locked". They have an image of a padlock on EVERY item!
Yes, I know. Click on them twice, and a screen will pop up asking if you want to buy it or not for this price. Say yes, and it will be "unlocked".
06-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE STUD View Post
Wrong section btw but here goes

1- I have no idea sorry...I sometimes get kicked off a game whilst playing with it saying bad connection even tho i know that's not the case and some other players have this problem as well

2- To purchase items just click on whatever you want even tho locked and it will tell you how many gold balls it requires to purchase that item...Click on item again and it will say do you want to purchase item for x amount of balls..Y or N...Click yes and it's yours

3- The first figure in your records is your best score and the figure on the right of that is your accumulated score...Ie Homerun 56/6156 called hr 5/179 crash 19/1672 pole hit 4/207 cycling 7/565 ...So in this example for homerun say the 56 is your best score and the 6156 is your accumulated score...Hope this helps a bit...Good Luck

Yeah sorry about the sections, like I said first time poster, I did sort of realize that after and posted it in what I assume is the appropriate forum, but couldn't figure out how to just move this post over!

1. Thanks for the info. I just wish I could get so far as to experience disconnects!! I can't even connect at all!

2. Awesome I will try that next time I play the game. I never bothered clicking on anything in there cause they were all padlocked!

3. Once again thanks, for the info, but my question was geared specifically to accumulated score/points. I see the homers, polls, combos, etc. But nothing showing accumulated points. And if I remeber correctly some of the achievements are tied to accumulated points, so it would just be nice to see how close you are to hitting any score/points milestones.

Thanks.
06-25-2009, 09:13 AM
What do you mean by accumulated points? Your winpoints or your arcade mode and classic mode highscores?

Oh and the disconnections are due to either low WiFi connections, and I would think that 3G would be a little choppy.
06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
What do you mean by accumulated points? Your winpoints or your arcade mode and classic mode highscores?

Oh and the disconnections are due to either low WiFi connections, and I would think that 3G would be a little choppy.
When you play classic or arcade mode you score points. I am noticing some of the achievements are based on point totals. For example one of them is for 100,000 points. I was assuming that that would mean 100,000 total accumulated points, or did that mean 100,000 in a single game? If so then I really need to practice some more!!

As for the connection issues, it is not disconnections. I can't even get connected to disconnect!! Everytime I click on "matchup" it attempts to connect to the server and gives me a network connection error.
06-25-2009, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=blunted247;320409]When you play classic or arcade mode you score points. I am noticing some of the achievements are based on point totals. For example one of them is for 100,000 points. I was assuming that that would mean 100,000 total accumulated points, or did that mean 100,000 in a single game? If so then I really need to practice some more!!

Yeah that 100k and 200k is points to be scored in the arcade mode in ONE game...The top score so far is just over 40k and mine is just over 39k so they look nigh on impossible to get at the mo and in the future...I may be proved wrong but i can't see anyone getting the 200k one and the 100k one will take superhuman effort to get that
06-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Is your version cracked? Because when I had the cracked version it did the same thing to me, but when I got a legit version from the app store it stopped and I was able to connect on the same Wifi network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBegjWTMSTU&fmt=18
Watch this hilarious video my cousin made!!