Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Chartboost, PlayHeaven, FAAD, AppGratis, AppTurbo, etc.

Hi!

I know, there are plenty of discussions about crosspromotion services like, as well as free app promotion services. I mean... I have really read them all, contacted theirs representants, etc.

But I cant still decide. Are they worth it? Have you experience with them? Please write ANY opinion, because I am currently totally lost.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 PM

Playhaven and mobclix are great!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomAjean View Post
Playhaven and mobclix are great!
Can you tell us more about your experience while working with PlayHaven and Mobclix?

Antony
Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Alright, so I know I work for Chartboost, so I'm not even going to bother voicing my own opinion. Instead, I'm going to let an interview that Breaktime Studios did with Pocket Gamer a few days ago speak for itself. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a private message.

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/...srch=breaktime

There are lots of different service partners available for mobile games. Why have you chosen to go with Chartboost, how do you use its various services, and how does it improve your business?

Breaktime Studios: I think one of the key differentiators with Chartboost is the combination of network scale and reach, and overall ease of use. The site does a great job connecting developers with network advertisers and publishers as well as enabling direct deals. And the tracking and reporting is pretty robust.

We are both a publisher and advertiser, and have also executed direct deals through the site. Like a lot of developers, we definitely value Chartboost as part of our broader monetization and acquisition strategy.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
Can you tell us more about your experience while working with PlayHaven and Mobclix?

Antony
Mobclix has a good roster of networks and they are very responsive with the support.

Playhaven is easy to use and the fill rate and ecpm are good. We use both for the game Fruity Jelly and it gave good results.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:42 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomAjean View Post
Mobclix has a good roster of networks and they are very responsive with the support.

Playhaven is easy to use and the fill rate and ecpm are good. We use both for the game Fruity Jelly and it gave good results.
Thank you, didnt know about Mobclix, will definitely check it out. Can point out some numbers please? How many installs have you obtained, what was the price, etc? Thanks!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogX View Post
Alright, so I know I work for Chartboost, so I'm not even going to bother voicing my own opinion. Instead, I'm going to let an interview that Breaktime Studios did with Pocket Gamer a few days ago speak for itself. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a private message.
Thanks! One more question - what do you think about free app promotions services? It's something different, however I would like to hear your opinion. And everyone's else as well
Old 12-02-2012, 06:46 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

We have integrated Chartboost into a couple of titles recently, and have had very good results in revenue terms. Their dashboard and reporting is exceptional compared to many other "ad" partners, and the ability to do direct deals is great.

We are also adding Playhaven, which looks like it will be very similar in terms of performance.

As for Free App promotion services, they worked back in the day, but I think they struggle to provide value for money now.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
As for Free App promotion services, they worked back in the day, but I think they struggle to provide value for money now.
This... so this. I would be VERY cautious about laying down any sort of money on free services, no matter who it is you want to go with. The whole "premium game gone free" fad is long gone now that you have top quality freemium games available every week now. Sure, you might get a little boost vs if you just went free on your own, but it won't amount to the numbers you need to make an impact from a free campaign anyway, from what we've seen recently... unless you get really lucky.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM

Right now Im using Chartboost and its been giving me some good returns. (eCPM $10-$15+) plus it took all of 15 minutes to integrate.