★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Need for Speed or Real Racing

View Poll Results: Which game do you prefer?
Real Racing 39 69.64%
Need For Speed 17 30.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll
06-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Need for Speed or Real Racing

Firstly, I realize that their have been two other threads created with this topic, but those were created right after Real Racing was put out and I don't see how the results could have been fair due to the TA new is better philosophy.

So, now that Real Racing has been out for 3 weeks or so and the hype has settled down, I ask you, which game is better?

Thanks and happy voting
06-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to Gizmoe
still real racing to me

06-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Still Real Racing
what they said

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
I only have NFS: U (it's on sale so I got it), so I didn't vote.

It's a solid game. The gameplay is very simple, you don't accelerate, you just boost and just steer and it automatically accelerates for you. But it's still a lot of fun.

I think it's all about what you want though. If you prefer arcadey racers and/or enjoyed previous NFS games, you'll enjoy Need for Speed game more.

If you love more realistic racers like Forza, PGR or GT4, then you'll enjoy Real Racing More.

Last edited by wikoogle; 06-25-2009 at 12:12 PM.
06-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Need For Speed

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
06-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, both are really good. Need for Speed delivers solid graphics and nice presentation and overall more polish than Real Racing. It's an arcade sim, so you'll have that turbo boost and all that junk. If you're used to having turbo boost in your racing games, NFS is the one for you.

Real Racing seriously offers REAL racing. You actually HAVE to break when turning and you HAVE to turn on the apex or whatever. There is no turbo boost so you can't have that advantage over your opponents. At first, I was really disappointed because the AI was so hard and turning was really hard. Since I paid $10, I just stuck with it and came to love it.

Overall, I picked Real Racing. Even if you like arcade racers, this one will still be a good game for you. I absolutely loved NFS when it came out and is one of the few games that I actually beat on my phone. Real Racing is another one of those games and has delivered quality that cannot be surpassed by any others. Every single option you can think of is included in Real Racing like playing iPod music, different control options, brake assist, and the list goes on. Firemint thought this game through and delivered quite an experience. Really, Real Racing is the best choice you can make.
06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
*sigh* It's all about preference.

The other 2 threads will tell you the same thing, if you want a fun Arcade Style racer, go with NFSU. If you want a real racing sim, you might want to go with real racing. They are 2 different games, though they are both racers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
The only thing that is better in Need for Speed I think is the car customization which Real Racing really really needs. Real racing is better hands down other than that.
06-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Rant rant rant rant rant need for speed bad rant rant RANT not good at all Rant I personally dont think it's fun rant rant

Okay now that my rant is over I recommend you get real racing,

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago