★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmington View Post
DarkRo12: If you are certain you have made it to Day 3 of the specified level, please consider sending a savefile for analysis, as this situation has not been reproduced at our base.
How do I do that?
12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRo12 View Post
How do I do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouni View Post
If you run into the crash-on-launch bug and don't have a recent enough backup to restore to and have no other means of getting your Minigore 2 fix before the next update is out, there's a workaround... This is a bit technical so please don't do this without backing up and being sure of what you're up to. You don't need to be jailbroken for this, but this involves poking around the files on your device.

Before doing anything at all, back up your device first.

You need to use an application like i-FunBox (free) to navigate to the Minigore 2 "Documents" folder (if you're using other tools, you might be looking for ms.games.minigore2 AppData/Documents/) and find and nuke all .dat and .bak files there *except* Minigore.dat ... The other files hold the progress for individual stages and if corrupted by a crash may stop the game from launching.

Do not delete Minigore.dat, that's where your progress for your character, levels and weapons is kept. After deleting other potentially corrupted files your game should, with any luck, launch again and the only thing you've lost is current sessions in each stage.

If you wish to help us double-check our crash fixes, you can zip up the files from the Documents/ folder for us before deleting anything and send it to us and we'll test it with the latest version of Minigore 2. We appreciate all the save files and bug reports you send us.

The next update should fix crash problems for everyone, so this isn't meant as a "solution" but rather a band-aid just in case. If someone goes forward and attempts this, please post your results in either direction.

Just to make it clear; always backup first so you don't break things by accident. If you're not sure what to do, it's probably better not to do anything at all.

Here's a screenshot to help you along. This is what you see, more or less, after clicking on Minigore 2 in your list of all applications in i-FunBox.

Select the specified save (.dat) in the documents folder, and hit "Copy to PC". Then attach the file to an email and send it off to MS :P

12-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Awesome game, I've pumped at least 20 hours into it already, but I seem to have come across an issue:

It appears that the game's overall difficulty somehow scales with levels/upgrades/whatever, and it also appears that the frequency of melee drops and green monster spawns decreases along with increases in difficulty. I'm at a point where I'll get a couple of green monster spawns and a fair amount of melee weapon drops on night one of Grim Reaper, a few melee drops and *maybe* a single green monster spawn for all of night two, and then beyond that I get absolutely nothing. The problem with this is that in subsequent levels, there are no green monster spawns, ever, making it impossible to complete many of the hunting challenges (right now I'm stuck with green chefs, which is "Rare Chef III"). I'm assuming this is unintentional. Am I experiencing a bug, or is this just a design flaw that had not yet been noticed because it only comes into effect somewhat far into the game? Shall I upload a save file?

Edit: I've been playing level 3 for the past hour an still no green monsters. I'm no programmer, but it's as if the spawn rate variable has become less than one and is being rounded down to zero when it should instead be rounded up to one, so at least the minimum amount of spawns are produced.

Last edited by Sesshy; 12-21-2012 at 09:25 PM.
12-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDarkened View Post
The kill grandma quest still hasn't worked for me...
For that quest, you aren't killing the grandma zombie that spawns every time in the first level, you're killing the monster spawn version of playable grandma's beast form, which only (I think) appears in level four. If the sprite for the challenge is flaming, then that's a beast form spawn, so be sure not to confuse it with the regular form spawn, which also appears in level 4. I had to go through five or six nights to find it.
12-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Are there any tips for beating the grim reaper boss?
12-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoo View Post
Are there any tips for beating the grim reaper boss?
Just simply have a ranged weapon and keep on firing Keep out of range of his attacks and avoid any other zombies which may be in the area. It's just a case of avoiding damage and staying alive, and before you know it, he'll be dead :P
12-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Any tips for the last lvl I'm getting owned...
12-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markku View Post
Any tips for the last lvl I'm getting owned...
Don't spam your ammo, conserve as much as you can. Try to melee kill the normal mobs and leave the guns for the special ones (mini bosses). This is to ensure you won't be forced to go close to the mini bosses. If your health is going low (within the same heart level) when fighting a mini boss just back away to recover first before engaging again. Don't let your health drop to the lower level. Avoid accidentally destroying the weapon crates by spreading out your movement throughout the map. Conserve the clovers, don't waste them on normal mobs, leave them for the special bosses. Target the red/blue/green special mobs to get the most weapon/ health drops as possible. And most important thing is to upgrade the M6 as much as possible since it's the only weapon you can use to reduce the boss' health at the start.

Took me a long time but I just finished it today as well. There are lots of mini bosses from the previous maps so don't slack off until you're done.
12-22-2012, 02:59 AM
There is a bug with the challenge "Evil Christmas Spirit" (Take 10 hits from Santa), I think it's related to his new big shotgun from the update 3.

Have anybody some tips for the challenges "Exterminator" (Kill 1000 enemies in 300 sec) and "Hunter III" (Hunt blue Moose), they are so difficult.

Thanks for your responses.

12-22-2012, 03:10 AM
I know I just mentioned this a few pages back and I am kind of just thinking out loud here, but I am really starting to wish that the melee weapons were available as individual upgrades, instead of being tied directly to the level of your character. It would make sense, since all the guns are designed that way, and it would give the player even more to upgrade, thus extending the gameplay. Hmmmm.....