★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MLB.com
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1052.9 MB
  • Version: 1.04
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: Make the play with your favorite Major League Baseball team and win the World Series!  

REQUIREMENTS NOTICE: Requires 1 GB RAM.  Not compatible with iPod Touch (Gen 1-5), or the original iPad Mini, iPad, iPad 2. R.B.I. Baseball 16 is ONLY compatible with the following devices: iPad 3, 4, Air, Air 2, Pro, and Mini 2, 3, 4; iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus; iPod Touch Gen 6.

* Feel The Action: Fun, fast-paced, classic gameplay returns with more fielding moves like dives, wall catches and more!

* Your Team, Your Season: Modify your teams lineup with complete MLB rosters including over 1,100 MLBPA players. Play the entire season or sim to the crucial games.

* Authentic Ballparks: All 30 MLB ballparks feature unique characteristics, enhanced graphics, daytime and nighttime games.

* New and Improved: More balanced gameplay with our revamped defensive AI, improved batting engine and reworked pitching strategy.  

-----------------------------
Follow:
https://twitter.com/RBIGAME

Like Us:
https://www.facebook.com/mlbrbigame/ 
-----------------------------    

© 2016 MLB.com. All rights reserved. OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION-MLBPA trademarks and copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPAs written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
03-29-2016, 10:27 PM
Created this thread. Hope this version isnt such a letdown.

03-30-2016, 04:07 AM
I was ready to get it and the reviews in the App Store made me second guess it. Looks like I will wait for an update to fix some issues first. 3 stars on App Store for this game isn't good and most are saying last years version is better.
Some positive reviews are popping up and I was going again to grab it up and then saw that it's 2.68GB holy crap that's a lot of space and I don't have crap for space. Once installed im guessing it will be 3GB or more. Can't do it has nothing to do w price and more to do w space and possibility of it not being very good.

Last edited by Dailon80; 03-30-2016 at 04:31 AM.
03-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Definitely waiting for reviews before jumping on this one
03-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Strangely, the 2.68 GB is the installed size, not the compressed sized.

Devices: iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 6 Game center ID: volcanopele
Current Games: Ascension, Minecraft: PE, Jade Empire, Panzer Corps, Twilight Struggle
03-30-2016, 01:04 PM
I read that people can't even see the ball. What's with this? Again, the same game is released, my childhood favorite next to Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!

RBI 16 was also removed from the PS4 store. I doubt it has anything to do with the Show.
03-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
I read that people can't even see the ball. What's with this? Again, the same game is released, my childhood favorite next to Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!

RBI 16 was also removed from the PS4 store. I doubt it has anything to do with the Show.
My childhood favorite was Mike Tyron's punch out as well as RBI baseball and
Castlevania 1 and 2. Wish we could get a good castlevania on phones
I'm seeing the same about the ball and I wonder if that's just people who haven't adjusted to hitting on RBI which can be tough to newbies. These RBI games are still not like the classic games but I guess they never can be.
03-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
I was ready to get it and the reviews in the App Store made me second guess it. Looks like I will wait for an update to fix some issues first. 3 stars on App Store for this game isn't good and most are saying last years version is better.
Some positive reviews are popping up and I was going again to grab it up and then saw that it's 2.68GB holy crap that's a lot of space and I don't have crap for space. Once installed im guessing it will be 3GB or more. Can't do it has nothing to do w price and more to do w space and possibility of it not being very good.
Weird. Last year really improved upon the first one in my opinion. Having that mid-game save is awesome! So, I just expected this one to be better. Hope someone has some impressions on here. And maybe a video. Until then, I'll probably wait as well.
03-30-2016, 07:00 PM
I'm diving in. Imps in a bit. Go O's!!!

Edit: More or less the same game. Ball is hard to see and seems a bit choppy. Worth it for the updated rosters and slightly better graphics but I might wait till they iron out these bugs.

Last edited by ImJPaul; 03-30-2016 at 08:30 PM.
03-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Weird. Last year really improved upon the first one in my opinion. Having that mid-game save is awesome! So, I just expected this one to be better. Hope someone has some impressions on here. And maybe a video. Until then, I'll probably wait as well.
Yup! Same here! 🤔