Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Banned
iPad, iOS 5.x

My modest request is, ironically, of all games with music in them, this is one game with a killer track that I'd LOVE the option to listen to as I'm running thru the fields. Any chance of lettin us listen to music, or specifically, the games own song, while playing? Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:40 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Add a fixed amount of ammo to the weapon found on your own grave; it is irritating to automatically switch to a chainsaw that has 0.1 fuel and is literally thrown away the very instant you try to use it.
The graves are intended to just be a "bonus" and not replace the crates which are designed to be "better".

With the chainsaw, regardless of how little fuel you have left, there is always enough to do a full "strike". So, even 0.1 fuel will save you if it has to.

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
With the chainsaw, regardless of how little fuel you have left, there is always enough to do a full "strike". So, even 0.1 fuel will save you if it has to.
It doesn't; tapping to use a chainsaw with 0.1 fuel will cause the chainsaw to be discarded immediately before any attack is made. I had assumed that it would work as you described, but the first time I picked one up and got killed because I simply threw the weapon away instead of using it kind of fixed that impression. :P

A chainsaw with 1 fuel would make a single strike; a chainsaw with 0.1 doesn't.

Last edited by Appletini; 12-06-2012 at 05:48 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
Couple of ideas:

Roll the "no-ad" IAP into the coin doubler; this would be both practical and take care of the cosmetic side of things.

New area added into the mix - the farmstead. Run through/between/around buildings: the farmhouse, barn, and so forth, before heading back to the fields.

New zombie - 2nd-tier "aware" zombie. Has red eyes instead of the usual yellow, gives a unique audio cue, and will actively walk towards you to grab you, making it harder to avoid.

New perk - combat knife. Allows you to take down a single zombie that grabs you directly, allowing you to continue where you would have otherwise died. The upcoming Companion perk is possibly already intended to do this (I also thought the the dog might be used to grab weapons you're not going to be able to reach yourself, but that seems like it could be a bit of a stretch).

Add a fixed amount of ammo to the weapon found on your own grave; it is irritating to automatically switch to a chainsaw that has 0.1 fuel and is literally thrown away the very instant you try to use it.

Remove cheaters from the leaderboards, such as the guy with the slightly suspicious score of two billion kills. :P
Roll the "no-ad" IAP into the coin doubler; this would be both practical and take care of the cosmetic side of things.

+1 to this recommendation as well as getting rid of the high score cheater. People are A holes. What's the damn point other than being a tool.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 AM

Hmm. Picked it up this morning and I can't seem to purchase any IAP. Error says "can't find price."

Problem resolved itself. Now I can pay you.

Last edited by bobehm; 12-06-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Judging strictly by zombie density, I think our protagonist is running the wrong way.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Just loaded it up, and the game crashed instantly on my 4th gen... then on my iPad 2, the game gets to around 225 meters and just freezes. This has happened 6 times now - I've tried deleting and re-installing, doing a hard reset, clearing my multitasking bar, turning off wifi, ect... nothing seems to work.

I'm on iOS 5.1.1 on both devices. =o/

But what I did see, the game looked incredibly atmospheric. =oP
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Absolutely love the game. Runs great on my 3GS, also running iOS 5.1.1, with no crashes just to help you narrow down the issue.

The graphics, atmosphere, controls and everything are spot on. Gives you more of a sense of fear than the straight zombie shooters on the iOS.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:47 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Am I the only one who thinks that the left/right movement is a bit too slow? Besides that I'm enjoying it a lot.. great job pikpok
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that the left/right movement is a bit too slow? Besides that I'm enjoying it a lot.. great job pikpok
Yeah it feels slow but it also feels more realistic that IMO.

On another note The breathing sound effects really add to the tension.
The atmosphere here is fantastic.