★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is a general portal app for information on FINAL FANTASY and related products.

Get the latest info on all things FINAL FANTASY!
View the latest information on FINAL FANTASY games, books, music, merchandise, events, and more!

Point system
By logging in through your Square Enix account, you can acquire points, which you can in turn exchange for various items. There are many ways in which points can be acquired:

- Daily login points
- Points for viewing news
- Points for viewing videos
- Points for viewing FF Topics

and more!

Save up and exchange your points!
Acquired points can be exchanged for digital content, such as wallpapers for your smartphone!

Play the in-app games!
You can acquire and play the card game "Triple Triad," or the original classic "FINAL FANTASY (Portal version)."*

* These are in-game apps made specifically to launch from this portal app only.
* "FINAL FANTASY (Portal version)" is not compatible with the non-Portal version app of the same name.

Compatibility
- iPhone 4 or later/iPad/iPod Touch (4th gen. or later)
- iOS 7.0 and later recommended
08-20-2015, 11:31 AM
gameplay video

08-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Final Fantasy (I) is currently available for free through the app.
It appears to be identical to the regular iOS version, except it downloads into the app. Usually it will cost money, but is currently free.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
08-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Anyone else tried this thing out. There is a way to get free "point" that you accumulate by playing Triple Triad or by logging in and you can exchange those for wallpapers and Triple Triad cards. I loved TT and I love it here as well but yesterday the TT game in the Portal app just stopped working for some reason. It just freezes up and won't load. Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.
08-21-2015, 06:44 PM
The point thing is weird. The points will expire after two months, at maximum. You can get two points a day plus however many new articles there are on there to read. The rare triple triad cards cost 300 points. In two months you will have 120 points. Do we really think there are going to be 180 articles to read on here?
08-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aconfusedkender View Post
Anyone else tried this thing out. There is a way to get free "point" that you accumulate by playing Triple Triad or by logging in and you can exchange those for wallpapers and Triple Triad cards. I loved TT and I love it here as well but yesterday the TT game in the Portal app just stopped working for some reason. It just freezes up and won't load. Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks
I've been playing TT quite a bit the past couple days - I'm about halfway through Normal difficulty in Solo mode, taking time to re-beat the same people 3-4 times each so I can snag more cards. Currently rocking a deck chock full of 7s and having a pretty easy time on Normal.

I did have the app crash one time on my iPod Touch 5 (running iOS 8.3), so hard that it made my iPod reboot (!). But it relaunched just fine, remembered where I was in my game, and I haven't had any issues since.
08-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Is this online only? (Can't be too sure these days)
08-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Is this online only? (Can't be too sure these days)
You do have to be connected to the internet to play, but there is a solo mode where you play against a protagonist character from each of FFI through FFXIII, in addition to an unnamed Moogle. Each character has a different combination of rules by default, which varies between Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulties.

You can also play against other people via Bluetooth or online. I haven't tried either of those yet, I've only been playing solo.
08-21-2015, 11:41 PM
Triple Triad! About the best thing that came outta FF8!
08-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Anyone find a way to delete game data we've downloaded through the portal app? I downloaded FF1 so I could have it through the app, but I don't need to play it. I might check out the app data through iFile or if all else fails, just delete the app I guess. It would be nice to have the option to delete a game from within the app though.