App description: Important Notice:
Functionality is not guaranteed on devices that are updated to iOS8.

100% - Touch Arcade.
100% - Slide To Play.
91% - IGN.
90% - 148Apps.
90% - Modojo.
KOTAKU'S "GAMING APP OF THE DAY!"

Renegade Kid's critically-acclaimed 12-bit platformer makes a splash on the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®!

DESCRIPTION:
Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, youve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds is a 12-bit action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun!

Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.

Armed with a heavy-duty water cannon, Max has what he needs to vanquish his long-term nemesis: the Mutant Mudds. Max must blast and hover his way across the soiled landscape to seek out mysterious Water Sprites. Legend says collecting all of the mysterious Water Sprites will wash the filthy Mutant Mudds away for good!

FEATURES:
60 hard-as-steel levels that span across 5 pixelated worlds and 8 unique neo-retro graphical themes.
Includes 20 lip-smacking delicious Grannie levels, specifically designed for veteran players who can master the main game.
Jet between three 2D playfields and experience incredible sense-of-depth a treat for the eyeballs.
Unlock Grannie as a special playable character and harness the tri-power of all power-ups in a simultaneous powerful fashion.
Amazing foot-stomping and booty-groovin chip-tune OST to snap your fingers and bob your head to.
Discover a veritable plethora of secret doorways that transport you into classic gaming worlds of the past.

Echoseven's comments:

12-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Woah, only a buck??? I was really expecting to drop quite a bit more on this one! I think this is the one game I'm INSANELY excited about getting tonight.
12-05-2012, 07:12 AM
For those worried about such things, the position of the movement, jump and fire buttons can all be adjusted to better suit iPad gamers.

12-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Anyone know if it has iCade support?
12-05-2012, 07:21 AM
This is the only thing I've legitimately been looking forward to this week. Can't wait.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Oh yeah, that is so a buy for me! Interesting week... Now if only Baldur's Gate would come out, I'd be a happy camper!
12-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Does it come with an IAP for an eye straining 3D effect for $49.99?
Getting it anyways!
12-05-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm definitely picking this up for $1! I've been checking this out for my 3DS for awhile now but couldn't force myself to spend the $9 on eShop for it. Since this has been said to be one of the best games in eShop for the 3DS I'm sure it'll be a great game on the iPhone
12-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by studepaber007 View Post
I'm definitely picking this up for $1! I've been checking this out for my 3DS for awhile now but couldn't force myself to spend the $9 on eShop for it. Since this has been said to be one of the best games in eShop for the 3DS I'm sure it'll be a great game on the iPhone
Yeah it's $10 on Desura too. Luckily I snagged it in an earlier indie game bundle, and have to say it's great. The $1 tag makes me curious about IAP, but maybe they figure they'll sell enough on iOS to make up for it.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Surprised that it's only a buck. Another instabuy from this amazing week!

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
12-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Damn, I can't wait for this one. By far my most anticipated this week. The 3 different playable dimensions on each level looks great!

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...