Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-28-2013, 06:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Default Sellsword - Mobile Brawler [Universal, Free to Play]

Blaze Branch Entertainment is pleased to announce Sellsword is available on the app store. Sellsword is a combination of traditional fighter games like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter with less traditional brawlers e.g. Wii Boxing. Designed for mobile platforms the controls are easy to pick up, but they quickly test a player's fortitude. Choose your fighter from eight available characters and swipe your way to victory, competing in Tournament or Versus game modes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sellsword/id653245262?ls=1&mt=8

In the Tournament you will fight your way through single elimination matches where a single defeat will end your glory. If you are looking for a more casual experience try Versus and compete against an opponent in a single match.

Looking for a challenge? We set up Game Center with 14 achievements and a high score leaderboard just for you.

Device Requirements

* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (optimized for 4th generation or newer devices)
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices

Pricing & Availability

Sellsword is free to play with no in-app purchases (IAP). The game will become available worldwide through the App Store in the Games Category on November 28th, 2013.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sellsword/id653245262?ls=1&mt=8

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by BlazeBranch; 11-29-2013 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: Adding app store link
Old 11-28-2013, 07:50 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Are there any ads? I'm gonna give it a try.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

No ads. Really easty to get all the achievements. Almost done with them
Old 11-29-2013, 01:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Are there any ads? I'm gonna give it a try.
I set up some code to keep players from getting spammed with ads . An ad will display the first time you launch the app and then if you complete the Tournament you will see an ad. If you just play versus mode you won't see any ads.

Right now there is an error with the ads so you guys get to play with no ads at the moment .
Old 11-29-2013, 01:04 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post
No ads. Really easty to get all the achievements. Almost done with them
Thanks for the feedback. I did not want to get too crazy with the achievements, but I can add more I saved ~30% of the Game Center points just in case.

Also, thinking about multiplayer. A friend of mine mentioned it would be fun to duel each other rather than play against the AI all the time.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Last edited by drdeniz79; 11-29-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Old 11-29-2013, 04:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeniz79 View Post
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sellsword/id653245262?mt=8
Post is marked "Game Impressions," but doesn't contain any?

DBC
Old 11-29-2013, 04:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Honestly, all of the characters play the same with a slight difference in their down swipe attack. There's an easy way to cheese through any match but you can figure it out.

A tutorial would be quite useful. Swipe in any direction to perform an action. Forward for a lunge, up for a quick swipe, back to dodge and gain a shield, and down for a special. The ninja can toss bombs, the knight has a 3-hit swing and the princess has a crazy pink shield.

Two modes: tournament and versus. The former works like arcade mode in fighting games and versus pits you against the AI one after another on easy up to impossible difficulty. Like I said, you can cheese any fight once you figure it out and it works with every character.

I'm not sure if it's intended but you can buffer your attacks so they come out quicker so rounds can finish in under 10 seconds at times. Gotta dodge though to keep up a good high score. I question if buffering is intended because it sometimes puts my player in recovery, more often on certain characters (or it might just be me losing the rhythm).

I played it through and through for an easy 650 achievement points in under an hour. One achievement bugged out on me but I don't really feel like doing it again (finish the tournament with the crusader).

I'm just being honest. Did I enjoy the game? At first, yes. The battle system has potential. However, it's all just the same thing against the AI that can even (rarely) bug out.

Bug: the ninja's down attack cannot hit both forms of the final boss
Bug: The pirate sometimes bugs out and does not attack. Not sure if it's linked to his stage but it's only happened to him so far
Old 11-29-2013, 06:16 PM

Looks pretty cool. Downloading now.