★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Gosh, back in the time when my friends were all crazy about Vice City on the IT class I just sat there and completed my Microsoft Word assignment. Now I'm playing this on iPad... don't even know how I should feel about that.

anyway I definitely like the game though. I wonder if there's a way to use cheat codes like the console version.
01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_mark View Post
It took me ages to complete this mission too!! Just keep at it, its just practice and perseverance.
I have done pretty much all the missions (including asset missions) for all properties. Now I am stuck at that mission. Flying the skimmer isn't the same as flying a chopper for example. I start off good, but then half way to the destination, the skimmer loses altitude and crashes.
I will give it a few more tries I guess. In the mean time, I have sent a request for RS to update vice city with better flying mechanics.

Aid is like a pill that numbs the pain, if you take it too often you get addicted. President Isaias Afwerki
This simple and timeless quote sums up Eritrean government & people's self-reliance policy.

01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
The game just got updated, I have ipod 4g and should I still get it?
01-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman97 View Post
The game just got updated, I have ipod 4g and should I still get it?
It got updated with 4g last update guess it got better on this update?
01-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_mark View Post
It took me ages to complete this mission too!! Just keep at it, its just practice and perseverance.
Finally!! Oh man, I can't believe I did it thanks for the encouraging words, I was able to pass that mission. Now, off to do Martha's mugshot

Aid is like a pill that numbs the pain, if you take it too often you get addicted. President Isaias Afwerki
This simple and timeless quote sums up Eritrean government & people's self-reliance policy.
01-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Is this game worth getting or should I pass, will it run good on iPod 4g?
01-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Definitely get it! I don't know about iPod touch 4, but it plays great on my iPhone 5. You might struggle on some missions like I did, but after few tries, you should have no problem. You will get a lot of entertainment for your $5 trust me

01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squashy View Post
Gosh, back in the time when my friends were all crazy about Vice City on the IT class I just sat there and completed my Microsoft Word assignment. Now I'm playing this on iPad... don't even know how I should feel about that.

anyway I definitely like the game though. I wonder if there's a way to use cheat codes like the console version.
I believe the cheat code programming is still there, you just need a Bluetooth keyboard to put them in.
01-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Interestingly the gta_vc.set hack doesn't work anymore after the update, but it's stable on touch 4 now.
01-22-2013, 04:14 AM
Quote:
There an update right now,v.1.2,better compatible with iPod touch4gen,but only if you don't have OS 4.3,it's the minimum requirement,but the game doesn't open with OS 4.3,I'm frustrated,I cant play for that,2 updates,but nothing,support ROCKSTAR say that GTA vice city was designed for iOS 6 or later,they not tested on OS 4.3,but it's compatible with!