App description: Welcome back to Vice City. Welcome back to the 1980s.

From the decade of big hair, excess and pastel suits comes a story of one man's rise to the top of the criminal pile. Vice City, a huge urban sprawl ranging from the beach to the swamps and the glitz to the ghetto, was one of the most varied, complete and alive digital cities ever created. Combining open-world gameplay with a character driven narrative, you arrive in a town brimming with delights and degradation and given the opportunity to take it over as you choose.

To celebrate its 10 year anniversary, Rockstar Games brings Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to mobile devices with high-resolution graphics, updated controls and a host of new features including:

Beautifully updated graphics, character models and lighting effects
New, precisely tailored firing and targeting options
Custom controls with a fully customizable layout
iCloud save game support
Massive campaign with countless hours of gameplay
Support for Retina display devices
Custom iTunes Playlist*

*To listen to your custom playlist, simply create a playlist titled VICECITY, launch the game, and select the radio station Tape Deck

Universal App:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, all iPad models and 4th and 5th generation iPod Touch.

For optimal performance, we recommend re-booting your device after downloading and closing other applications when playing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Korean, Russian, and Japanese.

Mobile Version developed by War Drum Studios
www.wardrumstudios.com

Find out more:
www.rockstargames.com

See videos:
www.youtube.com/rockstargames

Follow us:
www.faceboook.com/rockstargames
www.twitter.com/rockstargames

NeppyFX's comments:

12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Vice City = best GTA I've ever played. Bought and downloading!
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Damn you all. I don't want to hear "best GTA ever downloading now", I want to hear "avalaible in US store"

12-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Damn you all. I don't want to hear "best GTA ever downloading now", I want to hear "avalaible in US store"
Haha one of the benefits of living in Asia. Well you have Bastion so it evens out.
12-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
+1. I may have to DL, along with MC4, even though I don't really play fps games :-/

Would still like feedback on the general difficulty of the game tho.
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
How does it work on iPhone 4? Playable (frame rate wise)? Better or worse than GTA III?

Waiting for:
Minigore 2: Zombies, Real Racing 3, GTA: Vice City, Touchgrind 2, Badland, Audiosurf...
12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Very excited for tonight. Now we just need Baldur's Gate to...magically... come out this week, and it will be the best iOS game/app release week ever (if you also include MC4, improved Gmail, Youtube for iPad, iWork apps with Office compatibility that doesn't suck...)

I played Vice City a lot in college, especially my second year, when it came out for the Xbox. But I never played the missions, as Xbox magazine had CD with a save game file that took you to the end. So my friends and I just played around rampaging everywhere, rather than playing the missions. So Vice City will be both new and old for me. GTA III was the same way, though I did play the missions until the second island was unlocked. So with these games coming out for my iPad, at least with GTA III so far, I am actually playing the missions...

As far as file size goes, yeah, it is definitely clear that San Andreas may have some issues with staying under the 2 GB cap... here's hoping that Apple will raise that limit to 4GB in the next couple of years (along with coming out with 128 GB devices...)

Devices: iPad Air 2 Game center ID: volcanopele Gameloft Live: amirani
Current Games: Ascension, GTA: SA, Baldur's Gate, Crossy Road, Vainglory, Bioshock
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Install size is 1.32 GB
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTac View Post
Install size is 1.32 GB
That's not too bad.
12-05-2012, 01:09 PM
OK, this is just insane...this is actually available in Lebanon. That's a first as the other 2 GTA games aren't. Well, easy decision...I'll buy this when my bandwidth goes free for the night.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-05-2012, 01:42 PM
So does anyone in NZ have an iPhone 5 and bought this? It would be nice to see how it looks running on it.

Primary: Black 16GB Nexus 4 |Android 4.3
Secondary: White 16GB iPhone 5 | iOS 7 Beta