★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Defender Chronicles 1.2 – Forbidden Forest and the new Potion System

06-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Defender Chronicles 1.2 – Forbidden Forest and the new Potion System

Forbidden Forest
Tarnwood, the forbidden forest, is used to be the main gateway between the Empire and the land of the Elves. After the rise of the undead, however, the forest has fallen to the darkness. Many heroes have visited Tarnwood but none have been seen to return.

Before the departure of the General from Breewich, the white wizard Lozzenthell has divined a vision. The Wizard claimed to see an old sword, sings with incredible power. The sword has won many battles for its wielders and has slain many evils, but has been since forgotten by all. It is hidden somewhere in the realm and is now waiting to be found again. The General searched the realm and eventually recovered the legendary sword.

Lozzenthell insists that for the survival of the troops in Tarnwood, and for the good of the land, this event must come to pass.

Potion System
Once Tarnwood is defeated, a potion store will appear on the world map. This potion store will sell a variety of potions.

For 1.2, the store will be selling 2 types of potions:

1. Elixir of Forgetfulness
Reset hero’s skills and returns all points back to the hero.
Usage: immediate.
Side effect: hero may lose few levels.

2. Healing Potion
Instant heal for 750 health points.
Usage: deliver to a guild during quest.
Dosage: 5x

Possible new potion for 1.3: Beast Potion – feed your warriors with this and see them turn into something else

As you have noticed, in Defender Chronicles, each unit has its own distinct characteristic and artificial intelligence. They act independently. You don’t direct the units when and who to attack. Each unit, however, is consistent with their behaviors. And by learning their behaviors, you can then develop a strategy on how to use them effectively.

To stay faithful to its gameplay style, Defender Chronicles will employ a rather unique way for its potion system. You won’t be forcing a unit to drink a potion. Instead you give the unit the potion and the unit will keep it. It will be then up to the unit to decide when to use it.

We have, of course, implemented a good AI for the units so they will be smart enough to know when to use the potions and when to reserve them for later

More features in 1.2:
  • Level 2 Trade Shop Access.
  • Hero’s skill level is now limited to 50 (if your hero has passed this limit, you can still keep it like that but you won’t be able to increase the skill level again).
  • New in-game music (subject if they are done before 1.1 is approved).

New features in 1.1 (waiting for approval):
http://www.defenderchronicles.com/fo...php?topic=20.0

Defender Chronicles 1.2 will be submitted after 1.1 is approved. If this takes time, we’ll just keep adding more features into 1.2.

Note: Tarnwood will be the last map with forest theme. As we enter the Elf land, the following maps will have different theme. Let us know if you have preference of what kind of map theme that you would like to see next.

As always, if you have suggestions, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’ll consider all good feedbacks. Thank everyone for all the supports!

If you don't know the game yet, here is a good introductory video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Now if you’ll excuse us, I’m going to take my wife to watch the new Transformer movie
Has anyone watched it? Is it any good? I'm so excited.
06-25-2009, 01:52 PM
i heard transformers was good

any promo codes JK

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

06-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, we are going to see it this afternoon so it better be good

No promo codes. Chillingo took them all
06-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimka View Post
Well, we are going to see it this afternoon so it better be good

No promo codes. Chillingo took them all

so you guys dont get any at all only chillingo gets them?

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
06-25-2009, 02:03 PM
If you like tower defense games at all, this game is definitely worth the asking price, especially with the added RPG elements. If you're like me and don't like tower defense games, there's a good chance you'll like this one anyway. I know I do

The whole "reset" option on the hero is quite intriguing. It took me a couple of reads to realize what was going on there, but I really like the concept.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
06-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Very nice updates. Im excited Im tempted to just reset my profile and start over once the update is released so its more fair since my level is already so high.

iPhone 5 & iPad 2 - iOS 6.0.2
Game Center - asfx2600
06-25-2009, 02:10 PM
i forget....why would you ever buy and use the Elixir of Forgetfulness? just in case you wanted to try something new and different?
06-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Looks great! I guess Im gonna save up my 1000+ tokens for the new store :P

Last edited by SoCal_Sponger; 06-25-2009 at 02:15 PM.
06-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
i forget....why would you ever buy and use the Elixir of Forgetfulness? just in case you wanted to try something new and different?
You already asked that question before you took the potion, but I'll answer AGAIN It must be for people who put all their points in the wrong places and want to try a different balance.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
=O I'm gonna try and max out every skill to 100 before this update haha