★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: DESCRIPTION

Get ready run and jump like never before, in your magic journey trough the Skylands!

Protect the skyland forests from the lumberjacks, collect the crystals and get awesome powerups and artifacts! Use the ancient mystic power of the crystals and morph into the great eagle to go further and protect the tree tops.

You are Ciellu, the last of the Skyrunners, an ancient tribe that protects the Skyland forests.

How far can you go?
Can you uncover the mistery behind the Skyrunner tribe and rescue your missing friends?

FEATURES:

Simple and easy 2 button controls. Run, jump and use special abilities!

Get stronger and play in different ways with the power ups and mystical artifacts

Get starting boosts to get further much faster!

Complete more than 60 exciting and different missions!

Morph into the Mystical Eagle! Soar trough the skies and treetops in the flight form!

Eye popping colorful and detailed 3D forest backgrounds.

Upgradable powerups! Use the collect crystals to unlock items that make your player better, faster and with different abilities!

Thrilling and catching soundtrack. Hear the mystical sounds of the Skyrunners tribe!

Share your best scores through Game Center.

Incredible fun, endless run gameplay!

Sanuku's comments:

05-23-2012, 05:10 AM
This had me at runner. Instabuy.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

05-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Game Impressions

Yup, just tried this. It's a pretty good runner, kinda reminds me of updraft jack.

The backgrounds are distracting though, they are beautiful for sure, but it's bad to the point where there is too much going on the screen and the player loses focus. Blurring the BG might bring the foreground into focus as it should be. The flying mode gets it better with a simple BG.

While I like the controls, it would be much better to have the entire left and right sides of the screen used, and hide the "buttons"

It's free, and I was able to unlock stuff easily, so not too heavy on the IAPs. Will keep an eye on this
05-23-2012, 07:45 AM
I like games with depth and being able to equip things that make you better able to play, count me in! Plus, you can't beat free.
05-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Is this out tonight or now?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
05-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttocs View Post
I like games with depth and being able to equip things that make you better able to play, count me in! Plus, you can't beat free.
Paid beats Free if free is loaded with forced IAP or too advantageous IAP on a multiplayer game.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Why is it still not available in the german AppStore?
05-24-2012, 03:17 PM
It isnt on the PH appstore either.

12-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It isnt on the PH appstore either.
It seems like it is now available worldwide.

Game Center: sink_or_swim