Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-10-2012, 05:50 AM

Thanks for the comments. The invisible walls are only at the start they soon disappear to allow you to explore the entire wood. It was a necessary evil as we want people to find the house first and uncover the story.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I am enjoying these atmospheric games. I do wish there could be one with a 'bit' more to it, eg these 'Slenderman' games are great but the thought that it could be a 'dual stick' game with say the odd scary zombie moving about which you can kill would be brilliant.

Not saying turn it into any dual stick shooter but the atmosphere for these games is perfect, if there was a huge house/flood tunnels/caves you could search in and there was an enemy which attacked you (and you could fight back) it would be great to see something like this in a sequel ?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM

personally i just want a dlc. another game just like this. but with improvements and wider range of ways to fight/ run away. the thought of first person clock tower type games just makes me tingle with excitement o.o

GO FORTH AND UPDATE
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Well there was loads we wanted to add in, this was very much the start. It's so risky developing games for the appstore. The sequel or additional chapters will be much bigger and better with more environments and baddies. We have just have to wait to see how we'll it sells over Xmas.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
Well there was loads we wanted to add in, this was very much the start. It's so risky developing games for the appstore. The sequel or additional chapters will be much bigger and better with more environments and baddies. We have just have to wait to see how we'll it sells over Xmas.
so far, i think you did a great job. although maybe you need to take more risks and make a biigger game. but for a start. you did a great job. what im trying to say is your game have potential to be a better. bigger. more amazing. more scary game. and im looking forward to it
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoukusanagi View Post
so far, i think you did a great job. although maybe you need to take more risks and make a biigger game. but for a start. you did a great job. what im trying to say is your game have potential to be a better. bigger. more amazing. more scary game. and im looking forward to it
Same here, my comments above werent major criticisms, just i can see the potential of a similar game. Really am enjoying it and i hope the dev does well out of it so we get a sequel !
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Same here, my comments above werent major criticisms, just i can see the potential of a similar game. Really am enjoying it and i hope the dev does well out of it so we get a sequel !
Thanks i hope we do to. Im also hoping that we start to see some youtube videos (i.e. slender style). there is one up already which i will post here, he seems to like the game so far and has done a part 1 video. With a bit of luck it will help sales. guess it was a tough week to release as there were some massive games out like:-

Slender Xmas edition and Slender Girl

I wish I was joking
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Why not make an online Woods game? Where you can team up with someone and search for the missing items?

Also was thinking. You could have it dark or in the day, but it's you vs 2-4 people, you go find items to build a weapon and when your ready you go and RAPE the other people that are running scared. You can use finger gestures to defend yourself or to wack the other person with the weapon you build.

Sorry, just like making things up on developer threads

Last edited by tso5818; 12-11-2012 at 02:16 AM..
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 AM

Actually multiplayer did come up, we were thinking of coop modes on a bigger map. the issue with MP is that with such a high level of hacked games out there we would end up paying loads of money to support servers for non paying customers. Several games have had to pull there games from the appstore because of this. Sadly apple haven't really given developers enough access to there APIs to give better protection for this. hopefully things will change but the mass majority of people playing The Woods won't have paid for it (rant over).

Shame as coop ghost hunting would be amazing.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
Actually multiplayer did come up, we were thinking of coop modes on a bigger map. the issue with MP is that with such a high level of hacked games out there we would end up paying loads of money to support servers for non paying customers. Several games have had to pull there games from the appstore because of this. Sadly apple haven't really given developers enough access to there APIs to give better protection for this. hopefully things will change but the mass majority of people playing The Woods won't have paid for it (rant over).

Shame as coop ghost hunting would be amazing.
Darn right it's a shame. That would be awesome to play with a friend or a random person.
I don't understand either, why don't apple provide protection from hacking. Also xbox 360 and ps3 games get hacked too.
The world is full of hackers.

I think if apple got rid of hackers, you will have less people playing the game, but also you would have decent amount of regular paying customers to pay for everything.

Good thing you were thinking of multiplayer .

Just hope iOS 6.0.2 or something has a hacking protection for developers.