Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Can you post the review here? I'd like to know if the game is worth it or not. How many hours of gameplay to finish it? Replayability? Etc.
I didn't write much on the review. The game's good. The world map is large. I have yet to complete chapter one. Controls are good though.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I do like this game a lot but I wish there was a pause icon or map icon. Pressing 3 fingers in the screen to get to that objectives page is a pain and my only criticism. Love the atmosphere of it though
Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 PM

Well we were trying to keep a clean interface. The plan was to avoid onscreen buttons and sticks altogether and get a natural feel to the game.

Anybody use the reaction camera? It's mainly to make recording youtube videos easier. All those videos of the PC version usually have a small picture in picture overlay which does take a bit of editing and extra software. Do you thing having it built in is a good idea?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
Well we were trying to keep a clean interface. The plan was to avoid onscreen buttons and sticks altogether and get a natural feel to the game.

Anybody use the reaction camera? It's mainly to make recording youtube videos easier. All those videos of the PC version usually have a small picture in picture overlay which does take a bit of editing and extra software. Do you thing having it built in is a good idea?
The screen has no buttons at all and that's good. It works fine but sometimes when you accidentally walk into a tree you have to turn around first. That's all.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 AM

I left a review in the US store using the name So0p_ (assuming my Game Center name is the one displayed)
Old 12-08-2012, 12:51 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman900s View Post
I left a review in the US store using the name So0p_ (assuming my Game Center name is the one displayed)
I think it's your Apple ID that's displayed.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:32 AM

Still 24 hours left in the USA competition!

Need more UK games to enter too

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=169300

Thanks to those already played
Old 12-08-2012, 03:04 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm only curious about one thing. I just love these kind of games and the only questions is if it is long enough to have fun. Help me out
Old 12-08-2012, 03:25 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

for me is long few minutes,after take book all monsters are around me and its not possible to save all sides...is there anyone who success to finish this game?

this game need big update...(save progress,virtual stick,difficulty level...)

Last edited by ip4weather; 12-08-2012 at 03:29 AM..
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Ok, so after playing this for a while I found out what the problem is: I was playing it wrong. This is not a game where you can take a step then look around and take your time. You need to be on the move the whole time, looking for pages. Once I started playing this way the whole experience changed, it gets scary at times to see ghosts just outside your field of vision, and you can hear them all around you. I also discovered some interesting new buildings and sights, but I won't spoil them. Although it's true that when you die you return to the beginning, the pages are always at the same spots. What I personally like the most is how disorientated you feel, and you can't stand your ground and think about where you are because once you do the ghosts will close in on you. This completely changes the game for me, it makes it so much better

EDIT: About the longevity of the game, theres nothing to worry about, it will take a while to find all of the pages, you will die a lot, but starting from scratch is not gonna become boring because you won't be able to find pages quickly again. It would take a lot of playing to memorize everything

Last edited by madam_octa; 12-08-2012 at 04:55 AM..