★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Atari
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 38.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ***Celebrate Pongs 40th Anniversary with the App Stores FIRST OFFICIAL Atari PONG game***

***Grand Winner of the PONG Indie Developer Challenge***

Pong World introduces a new generation to the classic game of PONG® with a dazzling unique twist and colorful new look. Explore Pong World by defeating opponents while collecting all five paddle creatures; Shaggy, Chompers, Sir Bouncelot, Razzle and Gnop to help you in your journey for domination. Each paddle is equipped with unique upgrades and powers. Unlock 4 different locations, each equipped with unique features -- summon a wall of energy to block your opponents ball, hinder your enemys vision and much more!

Get ready to explore Pong World! Buckle up, its going to be a bouncy ride!

HERE ARE MORE REASONS TO LOVE PONG WORLD:
Personalize and upgrade 5 animated paddle creatures with their own unique power boosts and personalities - Shaggy, Chompers, Sir Bouncelot, Razzle and Gnop! Collect them all!
4 unique levels challenge you with special power-ups: Jungle Juice, Fog of Faith, Winds of Change and Moon Beams.
3 play modes offer a new look to the classic PONG gameplay: Conquest, Survival and Two-Player Battle!
Put crazy spin moves on the ball to catch your opponent off-guard!

*** CHECK OUT OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ***
Ataris Greatest Hits, Super Bunny Breakout, Atari Outlaw, Centipede®: Origins and watch for our future apps at facebook.com/Atari

If you are experiencing any problems with Pong World, please email CustomerSupport@atari.com so we can assist you.

sink_or_swim's comments:
11-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Whoa, nice. Thanks for the heads-up.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
11-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Frustrating

This looks really good, some cool new twists on the classic pong, but I'm not finding it any fun to actually play.

The physics doesn't make any sense. Sometimes the ball curves in flight and sometimes it curves so much that it barely goes anywhere and just arcs right back on to you. You can't actually aim any shots because of this wacky physics.

Another frustration is when your opponent scores, the next ball is immediately launched from the middles of the screen. So if you get scored on, you have to instantly move to the middle or you'll get scored on again. It's pretty much standard for games like these for there to be some player interaction before a new ball is launched, or at least a slight pause or countdown. Seems really odd for a modern pong game to be missing a key QoL feature like is.

Anyways, I'm going to try to get used to it, because I like the concept and presentation, but those two issues are really killing the whole thing for me so far.

Edit: Oh, and there's no pause button.

Last edited by Wizard_Mike; 11-29-2012 at 06:36 PM.
11-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Welp...Pong + freemium = Atari killing everything pure, holy and sacred on this earth.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post

Edit: Oh, and there's no pause button.
Try double tap