Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
"Cousins: No. We support the [ipad] 2, 3, 4, and Mini. On the small devices we support the new iPod Touch, the fifth-generation one, the iPhone 4S, and the iPhone 5. We’re using the Unity engine, by the way"

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/12/06/be...rOefLmUXVth.99

The Unity engine is really powerful, i knew madfinger could make some magic with it but this...

"Yes, you can shoot and move, but for design reasons, in this game we stop your movement at the point you shoot."
But this, this is (for me) really stupid. The best fps i've played were a mix of dodging and firing at the same time. If fear that with this system it'll be more of an on rail shooter than a "real" fps. Although the comparison with Resident evil 4 is interesting.

"All of the gameplay takes place in these arenas, which are about the size of a deathmatch map. The way the game works is, you move into one of these arenas. You play a two-minute round. You try to do as much violence to the enemies in those two minutes. That equates to a score, and your score at the end of that round controls how many drops you get from the game."

"Yeah, it’s a single-player-focused game. There is a multiplayer element that we’re not revealing in detail today. It’s a single-player game with a story, with characters, where you gradually move through the game world and find out more about what’s happened in the backstory."

"No, the download size is about 700M"
I have a feeling that this may turn out disappoint like dead trigger. I get scared when he says arena based with time limits. Sounds exactly the same as dead trigger in that it is severely limited and it is not true story based fps.

Last edited by defred34; 12-06-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 PM

This is one of the best graphics I have seen on ios and its free?! Thank you so much for this. Ill be waiting anxiously until this game is released
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Looks awesome. Crazy good trailer. But I was turned off when I read this:

No virtual controls in an iOS FPS is a no-go for me. Shame. Looks great, too.
Yeah that's a no go for me as well. If they want to introduce the iOS world to their "amazingly intuitive controls" they can, as long as the standard controls are an option as well.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:26 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Very nice environment
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Wow, I was blown to bits when I saw this. The trailer is amazing. Graphics are top notch. Totally came out from no where.

But I indeed am suspect with the control and IAP scheme that may derail the game.
+1
Gotta agree with that.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This one seems interesting:

GamesBeat: How long of an experience is it intended to be?

Cousins: It depends on how much you want to get out of the game. To unlock all of the weapons, probably 30 or 40 hours. To unlock and level up all the weapons, to get everything in the game, it could be hundreds of hours. By the time people get to that point, we’ll have already dropped in more content.

I have a really strong feeling this will turn out to be played like Dead Trigger - short repetitive missions and emphasis on IAPs. Only difference I can see is that this will have a decent story.

The link provided by one fellow member is useful and you should read it because the guy in charge of this game blasts pretty much every other FPS/TPS shooter on iOS!

Link: http://venturebeat.com/2012/12/06/be...eam-interview/
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Shame it'll be freemium full of IAPs, and it's a round based shooter. Otherwise I would've been interested. Graphically it looks amazing though.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Has potential. I just hope it's not ruined by a new, "innovative" and terrible control scheme.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrobotix View Post
Has potential. I just hope it's not ruined by a new, "innovative" and terrible control scheme.
And I prefer blood and guts to be red, too. Not black.

Last edited by bigrand1; 12-11-2012 at 01:30 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The trailer is astounding but they way the controls and gameplay are describe really makes me skeptical. Hoping they can still make it enjoyable somehow.