Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default KnightScape (Universal app By Mojaro)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Looks interesting, made by the former Medal of Honor and Uncharted AI chief Laurent Ancessi.

Last edited by killercow; 12-05-2012 at 10:25 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Tried it out. It's basically Temple Run on easy mode.

The graphics are great, but there are other clones that look better.

- Touch controls are VERY forgiving, timing wise.
- You have a large health bar which takes a hit if you fail to pass a obstacle. Depending on what you hit, this could be as much as 10 times with just the default starter armor.
- Turns are made automatically, no input required.

Items to improve your character come at a very steep cost. Roughly $12 for the most expensive armor or $10 for the sword.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks instaget to me. If it's a TR clone, what's with the combat described in the video?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks instaget to me. If it's a TR clone, what's with the combat described in the video?
Combat is pretty limited. You're basically doing your Temple Run thing, and occasionally stop for a quick Infinity Blade-ish battle. One button to block, one for horizontal attack, and another for vertical. It's pretty easy.

Oh, forgot to mention earlier that there is also a IAP energy system. They're called "Extra Plays" but actually get used up anytime you start/restart a level. You're typical wait a while and it will recharge, or purchase more immediately.

- Loading times are incredibly long.
- no fast app switching
- I'm not far, but levels are short so far
Old 12-05-2012, 11:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Combat is pretty limited. You're basically doing your Temple Run thing, and occasionally stop for a quick Infinity Blade-ish battle. One button to block, one for horizontal attack, and another for vertical. It's pretty easy.

Oh, forgot to mention earlier that there is also a IAP energy system. They're called "Extra Plays" but actually get used up anytime you start/restart a level. You're typical wait a while and it will recharge, or purchase more immediately.

- Loading times are incredibly long.
- no fast app switching
- I'm not far, but levels are short so far
That doesnt sound too promising...

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:56 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Aside from the incredible load times (took almost a full minute), is it just me or this game is a massive resource hog?

I closed all my apps and did a fresh reboot before launching the game. With a fresh phone, I started it up, when it finally loaded, everything looks like a stop motion film. Frame rate drops, entire phone slows down. I used those memory monitors and it said I had 50MB of ram available with the game running. Out of the 300 I usually have. Yowza!

Can't say for sure about the controls not being responsive, could be related to insufficient memory.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Unplayable on iPod Touch 4G, for anyone interested to know. Not only is the graphic non retina but it's still such a massive hog that the ram can't handle it. If you are really persistent, perhaps you ll get it to work; but it ll probably lag like crazy
Old 12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNexus View Post
Unplayable on iPod Touch 4G, for anyone interested to know. Not only is the graphic non retina but it's still such a massive hog that the ram can't handle it. If you are really persistent, perhaps you ll get it to work; but it ll probably lag like crazy
Glad to know its not just me. I tried a second time after a reboot and this time it went down to 36 MB of available RAM, out of 280!

Too bad.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Ran fine on my 3rd gen iPad, and yes the loading times are long. Even loading the menu takes a long time.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Aside from the incredible load times (took almost a full minute), is it just me or this game is a massive resource hog?

I closed all my apps and did a fresh reboot before launching the game. With a fresh phone, I started it up, when it finally loaded, everything looks like a stop motion film. Frame rate drops, entire phone slows down. I used those memory monitors and it said I had 50MB of ram available with the game running. Out of the 300 I usually have. Yowza!

Can't say for sure about the controls not being responsive, could be related to insufficient memory.
Can you get a free app to check ram ?