Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default What is it with all the "OLD" games??

Recently, I've realized there are just too many old games being rebooted on iOS, and I think that this is unhealthy for the growth of the platform. Seriously, if you played a game 10, 20 or 30 years ago, what purpose is there to play it again? Why not try playing new games set and made for the modern world?

There's been Jet Set Radio/Crazy Taxi by Sega, whole list of Final Fantasy by Square Enix, GTA games by Rockstar, Raiden Legacy, Carmageddon....and really so many more that I don't bother to care about.

When will this madness end?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Recently, I've realized there are just too many old games being rebooted on iOS, and I think that this is unhealthy for the growth of the platform. Seriously, if you played a game 10, 20 or 30 years ago, what purpose is there to play it again? Why not try playing new games set and made for the modern world?

There's been Jet Set Radio/Crazy Taxi by Sega, whole list of Final Fantasy by Square Enix, GTA games by Rockstar, Raiden Legacy, Carmageddon....and really so many more that I don't bother to care about.

When you decide to stop worrying and play minigore
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:

You just lost all credibility when you complained about rockstar porting the GTA games.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
You just lost all credibility when you complained about rockstar porting the GTA games.
Disagree gta vice city rubbish port that does not work on the devices it should according to description
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
+100000
...no iPod 4 support ... Says in description that it does ??
In what world is that acceptable im so happy I bought minigore 2 which works even though it says it won't
Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Disagree gta vice city rubbish port that does not work on the devices it should according to description
I haven't heard of that problem. But the game itself is excellent. Don't complain if you have an outdated device; it works and looks beautifully on current ones.

Last edited by JBRUU; 12-07-2012 at 11:18 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Is complaining about true "console-quality" games in the App Store a thing now?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
Is complaining about true "console-quality" games in the App Store a thing now?
10 year old "console quality" games...? Yeah!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
10 year old "console quality" games...? Yeah!
Sorry, I just don't understand your argument. How exactly are the releases of 10-year-old games unhealthy for the growth of the platform? It's not like the influx of older games is crippling sales of new titles. If anything, it shows that there is a market for console games among the iOS owners who are usually seen as casual gamers by mainstream media.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 PM
iPad

Really why complain about old games being ported? It's not like there has been a sever shortage of original titles. I would personally love to see a ton of my old games ported over as I would love to play them again but have grown up and no longer have the time to sit in front of the TV so playing them on the go is awesome.

I'm hoping more developers like Capcom and Konami decide to port over a ton of their titles. I would love to play old school MegaMan, Castlevania and many others with added GameCenter achievements whenever I want.

I believe there is a serious market for this especially when you add little achievements and general ITunes pricing structure.

If nintendo did this on their 3DS with their backlog they would make a killing. It's time for them to open their eyes.