App description:
"Spring Price Down Sale" has started!
All "MEDAL" paid items are available at 50% OFF!!
*Please note that a certain items may not be included in this promotion campaign.

20 Million Download Record Commemorative Campaign Part II!

New features included in this update:
1) 20 Million Download Record Commemorative Campaign:
- Limited Unit "MINI HERMIT" is offered to every player
2) KOF Collaboration Campaign:
- Addition of new fighter "Athena Asamiya"
3) New Units
4) New Areas
5) New Special Missions

METAL SLUG, the pinnacle of 2D action-shooting on NEOGEO returns in a tower-defense / Strategy game on iOS! Command your troops in order to seize the throne of the worlds best METAL SLUG player!

Regular and Rebel Armies clash on iOS!
Send your units to the battlefield and take over enemy bases with a simple tap of your finger!
Use the METAL SLUG Attack, along with other unique special attacks to turn the tide in battle, and the goddess of victory will smile upon you!!

More than 60 different characters and units available!
At the beginning of the game, only the Regular Armys units are available, but Mordens soldiers will join
your ranks later on! Limited units that can only be acquired via rare events or specific conditions are waiting for
you as well!

The world is your battlefield! Battle in various nostalgic METAL SLUG stages!
METAL SLUG DEFENSE features more than 100 background stages faithfully recreated from classic METAL SLUG titles! Clear them all to replay stages with new units in battle and obtain more rewards!

Level up your troops and armament!
Customize your units in order to increase your chances to win the war! Change and save your units at any time in the game via the easy and intuitive touch commands!!

Compete with other players in Wi-Fi VS Battles!
Enjoy METAL SLUG DEFENSE alone or with other users in Online VS Battles via the Wi-Fi feature. Win battles in order to improve your score, competing with players from around the world for the highest ranking!

Recommended Devices
iPhone 4S, iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation and above), iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod touch (5th generation and above)
* The supported OS is iOS 7.0 and above

PeteOzzy's comments:

04-30-2014, 09:35 PM
Is it just me, or app info doesn't show? It's happening on all the threads of today's NZ releases...

04-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Is it just me, or app info doesn't show? It's happening on all the threads of today's NZ releases...
I thought it had always been like that? It just only shows the info once the game is available in the US as that's where the servers draw their information from I thought. I could definitely be wrong though lol. Normally we do the whole copy and pasting thing so the information shows but since these games are already in the UK, it shouldn't be too long before it updates...hopefully.

On a side note, I think the App Store hates me; uploading loads of new games just as I started to relax!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Xbox: PeteOzzy Steam: PeteOzzy GC: PeteOzzy107 PSN: PeteOzzy107 Friend Invites always welcome.
04-30-2014, 10:07 PM
It's out, looks interesting.

Will leave imps!
04-30-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeillusion View Post
Will leave imps!
Thanks, too many Games to play them all on one day.

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.
05-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Thanks, too many Games to play them all on one day.
C'mon Sanuku, thought you were Superman, lol. Just kidding, thank you for all the videos!
05-01-2014, 01:38 AM
What the heck is this? Sounds interesting.
05-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Started playing this this morning. It's actually really cool. It's your standard side scrolling castle defense game, but with the Metal Slug theme. It has the usual F2P energy system/timer although I haven't had to wait yet, but it looks like the further you go, the more energy the missions use. It says the game has like over 60 different troops. I've only unlocked 4 so far. There's a ton of different troops you can buy with these silver medals. I haven't won any yet, so I'm not sure if the medals can only be bought with real money or if you eventually start winning them later on in the game. The tutorial wasn't that informing. Anyway, I still recommend it. It's free, so it's worth a try. Especially if your a fan of Metal Slug.
05-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I agree with Noen,looks pretty good and easy to pick up just worried about the medal system really hope you dont have to buy them
05-01-2014, 09:43 AM
This is just like Cartoon Wars, if anyone remembers that gem of a game. The gameplay is great!
I think the medals are purchase-only, which makes me sad. Is that the only way to get new units?