Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2012, 04:16 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wemac View Post
More impressions from people who's not using ancient hardware from three years ago and old software please... Is the gfx OK? Does touch controls work OK? Is it still fun to play? Anyone tried multiplayer?
Everything seems to have translated well....character are a little jaggy compared to the back grounds but it's a minor issue.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:41 PM

I'm seeing more comments about iOS 6 on here than I am about the game itself and all I'm thinking is...how many people are actually dependant on the maps app for their freakin iPad?!

Also hot fixes are released almost weekly if not quicker. It's been improved ten-fold since release. Not that I care because I have no use for a map application on a tablet :s
Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
*sigh* Ok, where is the opening to the basement? I fear I will miss a lot in this game if the locations are so subtle. Pressing the magnifying glass should show exits as well.

EDIT: The entrance is under the stairs on the left. I was just pressing all over to find it.
There's a button near the right bottom corner that will highlight everything you can interact with. Stairs, doors, chests etc.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Okay, how can you tell what spells are what? I can't find a way to title the various spells and it's boggling my damn mind. Driving me crazy. I'm guessing at the various spells. Is there any way to find out?

Ah, figured it out. Go into the list of spells and then hit the help button. Thanks for that heads up Greg, though I can't get the long press to do squat.

I'm enjoying this so far. I never played this when I was younger as while I had many game consoles, my parents never ponied up for a computer. The closest I came was finding older commodore 64s at garage sales, or an Apple Macintosh. Finally I got a crappy outdated 386 when I graduated in the 90s, and the most I was ever able to play was quest for glory. Being able to play this now is something I am quite stoked about.

To be honest, though, I'd literally sacrifice animals to get Neverwinter Nights on the iPad. How amazing would that be? Again, even though I never had a computer that would run it properly, I still loved the bit that I could play of it. Ah, memories.

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 12-07-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
There's a button near the right bottom corner that will highlight everything you can interact with. Stairs, doors, chests etc.
Did not see the stairs to the basement for some reason.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Fyi From my understanding Apple released an older version... this one doesn't contain certain fixes and the IAP for the voices etc is not there,
only for IOS 6, Ipad2 and higher.
Think the correct version is still pending ,so I am sure there will be an update very soon.
Ipad1 people have to wait a while if they are able to make it work.. for now it's not supported.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM

Default Does Multiplayer work?

Can anyone with two machines give multiplayer a try?

What is the experience like? How does it work?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM

Can we hear more about the mechanics or impressions of the game?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Ok maybe I'm dumb but, And i never played this before...how the hell do I kill that bloody skeleton in the tutorial. It's immune to all magic? Those two summoned beasts are hitting it as are all my party but its just not hurting :/
Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Okay, how can you tell what spells are what? I can't find a way to title the various spells and it's boggling my damn mind. Driving me crazy. I'm guessing at the various spells. Is there any way to find out?

Ah, figured it out. Go into the list of spells and then hit the help button. Thanks for that heads up Greg, though I can't get the long press to do squat.

I'm enjoying this so far. I never played this when I was younger as while I had many game consoles, my parents never ponied up for a computer. The closest I came was finding older commodore 64s at garage sales, or an Apple Macintosh. Finally I got a crappy outdated 386 when I graduated in the 90s, and the most I was ever able to play was quest for glory. Being able to play this now is something I am quite stoked about.

To be honest, though, I'd literally sacrifice animals to get Neverwinter Nights on the iPad. How amazing would that be? Again, even though I never had a computer that would run it properly, I still loved the bit that I could play of it. Ah, memories.
While an okay game, IMO Newerwinter Nights isn't in the same league as Baldur's Gate, but there was an expansion pack for it that was pretty good.
I missed the party based combat and fixed isometric view from BG.