★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Title: Gold Rush (Anyone try it yet?)

12-02-2008, 09:37 AM
New Title: Gold Rush (Anyone try it yet?)

Has anyone checked out "Gold Rush"? It looks like a nice Pipe Dream-style game, but is pretty short, only 30 levels.

On an unrelated note, I'm also looking for suggestions on the best jigsaw puzzle app.
12-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I was looking at it as well, but I'm not real thrilled with constantly having to beat the clock on this type of game (I run around enough during the day) - but I'm waiting for reviews before I decide for sure.

As for jigsaw puzzles, I really like Puzzoodle (I think they have a free version). The puzzles are put together in 20 sections of 20 puzzle pieces, so it's kinda like a 400 piece puzzle. Plus you can use your own photos/web pictures.
12-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Gold Rush:

It's a well done game with nice graphics, sound and even animation. I'd say it's very polished.

The gameplay may sound easy but due time and the only 3 tracks available at time for you to play it became fast paced. You don't have much time to build that perfect and beautiful road rail.

Sometimes you have to wait the train pass, explode that part and build the road that'll lead to the end point. So it's not just a matter to build one single road at time. You have to plan ahead.

It's not that kind of game that'll play for hours and keep saying to yourself "man what a game!", but it's nice to play, to kill a free time.

My rate would be 4/5 because it's very specific game that could include (maybe) and arcade mode with bonuses or something to deliver more than one experience.

If you like such kind of games you may like Balloonia. But it's not a game to replace Gold Rush, just a suggestion.

I remember that I looked for a game like this some time ago. My vote goes to Jigsawed.