Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2013, 06:11 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Formula Cartoon All-Stars (Turner Broadcasting) [Universal]

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/formula-cartoon-all-stars/id645675002?mt=8

Old 12-04-2013, 06:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Oh man, screw waiting for impressions, my inner child demands satisfaction now!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:16 PM

What's this...?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
What's this...?
Was wondering myself. A kart racer maybe? Not sure what countries this is even live in (not the US currently).

Even if it's a kart racer, I'll be waiting for impressions. Bit on the Garfield racer and it was pretty weak.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Was wondering myself. A kart racer maybe? Not sure what countries this is even live in (not the US currently).

Even if it's a kart racer, I'll be waiting for impressions. Bit on the Garfield racer and it was pretty weak.
Oops, sorry. I didn't see that the iTunes link wasn't working - not sure what I did wrong haha. Anyway, it's a slightly angled top down racer with characters from Cartoon Network shows. My wife and I are obsessed with Adventure Time and some of the other appearances are neat so I've picked it up anyway, I'll give impressions in a few.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:31 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

This looks too good, downloading now
Old 12-04-2013, 06:36 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Oops, sorry. I didn't see that the iTunes link wasn't working - not sure what I did wrong haha. Anyway, it's a slightly angled top down racer with characters from Cartoon Network shows. My wife and I are obsessed with Adventure Time and some of the other appearances are neat so I've picked it up anyway, I'll give impressions in a few.
Thanks, must just be in Europe or had reached there at least. Not in the US yet. Looking forward to your impressions.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Finished a race and had a quick look through the menus to get a feel for things so I thought I'd give some quick impressions, I'll give more once I've played a bit further.

It's a kart racer in the style of Super Off Road and not without similarities to Micro Machines. You accelerate whenever your finger is on the screen, which creates a virtual steering wheel that you obviously use to handle the kart. It takes a little getting used to but a lap or two into the first race I was swerving round like a pro. There's a satisfying inertia to the handling and whilst it looks like an aerial view Mario Kart, it controls nothing like it.

There are pickups, though they seem fairly generic. Coins can be collected as you race that can be spent on upgrading your vehicle or buying new characters but the rate you acquire them seems very fair. One race in and I had enough to buy my first character and you're gifted enough before you begin to buy a second anyway.
There's kart customisation, plenty of characters and a whole lot of promise to me! There are negatives and I can't say anything about the longevity/repetitiveness due to having just started. The sound is a bit bland, no character lines or personality as you play and the music during the main menu...good lord, what is that?!

I like it, but I imagine a lot of that rests on my love of Adventure Time, Regular Show etc. so judge by that, but it's certainly not a cheap cash-in in my mind
Old 12-04-2013, 06:48 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just check for anyone living in Asia-Pacific region..........It is not currently available.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:06 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
Just check for anyone living in Asia-Pacific region..........It is not currently available.
If that's the case, I'd imagine this may be a soft launch.