★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lumpy Games released BuggOut today!

06-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Lumpy Games releases BuggOut! (Update 7/20: Lite version is out now - w00t!)

My name is Dave Myers (long-time lurker, first-time poster) and I'm happy to announce that our first iPhone game BuggOut just launched in the App store today. W00t!

A short history on BuggOut...

I originally developed BuggOut as a Windows title waaay back in 2004, but never actually shipped it on that platform. I worked with some very talented people on the title, and not shipping the game gnawed at me.

Early this year my wife and I decided to start developing games for the iDevices primarily because we love making games, and the nature of the devices lends itself well to smaller, tightly-focused titles. Just the sort of thing we needed as part-time developers.

It was just natural that we port BuggOut to the platform as the first title. It would allow us to figure out how to develop games for the App Store, and would hopefully restore my karma for having not released it on Windows back in the day.

Ok - history lesson over. On to the game description...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BuggOut is a puzzle game based on the board game Rush Hour. The goal of the game is to get Sparky to the exit of each puzzle.

You'll begin the game at the BuggWorld map screen. All of the locations are locked except the first - Snail Trail. Green map locations are Easy difficulty, Orange are Medium difficulty, and Red are Hard difficulty. There are a total of 300 puzzles to challenge you.

Each puzzle has an optimal number of moves to get Sparky out. If you solve the puzzle in the fewest number of moves, you'll get a Diamond Medal on the puzzle results screen. If not, you'll receive either a Gold, Silver, or Bronze Medal.

If you are a completionist and want to get all Diamond Medals, simply click on the puzzle back arrow on the play screen and replay the puzzle. You can do this as many times as you like.

We have plans to update the game with new maps, new puzzle backgrounds, and new puzzles. We are very proud of the game and hope everyone has fun playing it. Check it out on iTunes and the iPhone App Store. Also visit the official BuggOut website at http://www.BuggWorld.com.

Lumpy Games

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 7/20: Lite version is out now - w00t!

The Lite version has 30 of the 300 puzzles from the full version. We're also adding an additional map with 300 more puzzles to the full version shortly.

Last edited by DaveMyers; 07-20-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Update: Lite version is out now - w00t!
06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
this is like rush hour

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

06-26-2009, 01:23 AM
looks not bad, try it
06-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Congrats on your first release, good luck!

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosaurus View Post
Congrats on your first release, good luck!
Thanks!

Even though the gameplay is pretty well-known for this genre of game, we're still working on a video to post this weekend to show the purty animations the artists put together for the Buggs.

In addition, we're working the schedule of what we'd like to see in terms of updates. More puzzles, more maps, more backgrounds for the puzzles are obvious updates to come.
06-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Hey guys....this is Mark Myers, Dave's brother and tester of Buggout. For those looking for Blocked or Parking Lot with (we think) a ton more polish...look no further! I know how the Touch Arcade community loves it when devs spend more time on the board, so rest assured we'll be doing just that. Please post (or PM) any question, comments or concerns you have. Thanks!
06-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Enjoy our mad amateur movie-making skillz!

Youtube link | Pop Up
07-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Update 7/20: Lite version is out now - w00t!

The Lite version has 30 of the 300 puzzles from the full version. We're also adding an additional map with 300 more puzzles to the full version shortly.