★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bitten

06-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Bitten

Bitten is now available on AppStore

Bitten is a painful virtual battlefield where you are going to play the game of death with blood thirsty and deadly ants. Guide the green smiley on screen to run away from the ants and also attack them when the smiley turns red on eating berries and other power fruits. The ants are fast and their bites are poisonous too, few bites can immobilize and make smiley sluggish and eventually wither. The end is foreseeable, smiley is bound to die as this game is a tragedy. However, Bitten is a story of chivalry, the whole thing is about how bravely Smiley fights back and the number of ants slaughtered.

The ants are wise, they would run away when smiley has the power to strike and try their best to swarm on smiley when it is powerless. It is here that you need to have a strategy to play this survival game. You have to collect the power fruits to gain power. If the ants eat the fruits, they grow in size and their bites become more venomous than ever.

The more you kill, amazing weapons of destruction are unveiled, the surprises never stop coming but the enemies also become unbearably powerful. Red ants, which are immune to power of attack can kill the smiley with a single bite. The red one can be killed with special weapons only.

~~~~~ HOW TO PLAY ~~~~~
To be a master of Bitten game, you’ll just need to know the art of gracefully tilting the iPhone. Tilt to run away from or attack the ants and to grab the power fruits and activate weapons.

~~~~~ FEATURES ~~~~~
- Kill up to 100 ants
- Smooth increase in difficulty
- Stunning graphics and engaging sounds
- Put off sound to play your own music
- Pause the game at any point or on phone calls.
- Adjust the playing angle to play in car/flight etc
- Use of accelerometer is better than most games

~~~~~ WHO WILL LOVE THIS GAME ~~~~~
If you are scared of being bitten, then this game is for you. If not even better! Bitten will bring out the cunning strategies and fighting spirit in you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BittenPrimary.png
Views:	12
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	4955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bitten1.png
Views:	3
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	4956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bitten2.png
Views:	3
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	4957  

06-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Video link of bitten

BTW CreativeNose is the developer of the game Bitten.
More screen shots and video of the game can be found here.

06-26-2009, 05:24 AM
The screen shots make way more sense when you see the video, ha. Good luck on your game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4SYveTloI

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-27-2009, 02:58 AM
Hello austosaurus,
We will look forward to any review/feedback you may have on our game!
06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
An entertaining game that uses the accelerometer perfectly. I'll post an actual review later.

/sarcasm
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
looks good, got a youtube link by any chance?
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmsmth View Post
looks good, got a youtube link by any chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosaurus View Post
The screen shots make way more sense when you see the video, ha. Good luck on your game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4SYveTloI
link to video
06-30-2009, 04:10 PM
oh lol didn't see that.. sorry
06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
getting it now, looks really addictive
06-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Bitten- Simple Pick Up and Play

The App Store is perfect for little 99 cent games that offer a few minutes of enjoyment here and there when you can find the time, which is why we've seen so many of these type games. We've also seen lots of games that use the accelerometer almost as a gimmick, simply because iDevices offer it as a feature you can incorporate into your game. I'm happy to say that Bitten is a refreshing pick up and play game because it uses the accelerometer perfectly, not as just some gimmick, and offers more than enough entertainment for a dollar.

The game is simple fun for a simple price. It's addicting and high score based, so you'll get enough playing out of it to be worth your money. It's also pretty unique, since I've never seen a survival game that is solely accelerometer based, but I may be missing something. The gameplay itself is original and entertaining, making for a welcome addition to any fan of short, cheap games.

The biggest complaints I have for the game are its menu designs and its sounds. Although I liked the idea of having the ants make "Bitten" on the boot up screen, the other text on the screen looks sloppy. The menu could also use a tune up. The buttons don't look very sleek or polished, and they're so close together it creates too much blank space on the menu. Fixing these menus to be a little more polished and visually appealing could definitely help the overall quality of the game. I would also like to see a health meter instead of just the heart up top getting smaller and smaller, since the heart is kind of vague, making it hard to tell how much health you have left. The sounds of the game can get annoying and repetitive as well. Everytime an ant bites you, that awful "Oh!" sound is played, and since you can bit a lot at once, you may be hearing it over and over again, which is obviously pretty annoying. I'd also suggest changing the sound of when an ant gets killed, and make it more of a squashing sound, since now it just sounds like a brown paper bag being crumpled up.

Once you get past the look of the game, the core gameplay itself makes Bitten worth its asking price. If you've been searching for something to offer cheap, quick fun, I'd definitely recommend Bitten to you. Sure there are some visual things that could be tweaked to make the game better, but Bitten is the type of game that makes you say "just one more try" to yourself after you lose, and I'm sure you'll be hooked.

/sarcasm