★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Prince of Persia: Classic goin on sale for .99 LATER TONIGHT

12-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Prince of Persia: Classic and HD going on sale for .99 LATER TONIGHT

Sorry, can't post appinfo right now; should be no trouble to find on the appstore though, search Ubisoft or Prince of Persia.

Personally, I would rather have the original "classic" then the new classic, and it was too damn hard for me last time I played it in Middle School, but I figure some ppl might want this.

Last edited by Greyskull; 12-08-2012 at 08:55 PM.
12-08-2012, 08:52 PM
This is the iphone only version, is the hd version going to be on sale? I bought the hd version last time it was on sale, and still have only played it twice since then.

12-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
This is the iphone only version, is the hd version going to be on sale? I bought the hd version last time it was on sale, and still have only played it twice since then.
Yeah, I should edit my post; I had Appzapp set to iphone only. Hd will be .99 also.

Another thing; Ubisoft is having a deal a day thing going on through 'till Christmas.
12-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Yeah, I should edit my post; I had Appzapp set to iphone only. Hd will be .99 also.

Another thing; Ubisoft is having a deal a day thing going on through 'till Christmas.
Any ubisoft games any good?
12-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Any ubisoft games any good?
Rayman. That's it
12-08-2012, 11:17 PM
I was actually looking forward to getting the HD version until I read repeated reviews mention the terrible controls and the IAP for buying extra lives. Um, what? You have to buy additional chances to play the game if you die?
12-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I was actually looking forward to getting the HD version until I read repeated reviews mention the terrible controls and the IAP for buying extra lives. Um, what? You have to buy additional chances to play the game if you die?
No, you just have the option of buying lives to allow you to continue from the exact spot where you died, rather than start back at the previous checkpoint or beginning of the level. Basically, you have to decide whether it's worth paying real money to avoid having to replay 10 seconds of a level to get back to where you just were. :P
12-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
The controls have been improved/more options added through an update. And the game is playable without the need for IAPs. Definitely worth the buck
12-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I was hoping I was wrong about the lives, thanks for that. That and the control options have me back on board.
12-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
I was hoping I was wrong about the lives, thanks for that. That and the control options have me back on board.
I think the game is worth a buck. It plays like the old game, a little clunky, but the game is made well and has that cool sense of exploration. Not a must have but decent. Recommended!