Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM

Default Dragon Up (by East Side Games) - NOW WORLDWIDE!

I'm a developer at East Side Games and Dragon Up, the game we've been working on just went live in the Canadian app store and we're looking for feedback!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

We're a small indie team and we've got lots more features planned, but I'd love to get some player feedback on where we are at.

Dragon Up is definitely inspired by Tiny Tower at it's core. That was the game that changed a lot of our opinions of freemium games for the better.

Thanks!

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-06-2013 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: adding video link
Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

It isn't live on the other app stores...
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 AM

Sorry rks, just Canada for now, but I'll update the thread as we go live in more territories!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 PM

Just figured out how to inline the app details. Thanks Sanuku!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM
iPhone 4

I just tried it and got up to the quest where I have to make my second dragon. First off, I gotta say that the artwork is amazing! I love the colourful and quirky tone to the game. As for gameplay, I haven't played enough to say anything constructive but so far I do see the Tiny Tower influences but it seems different enough that I might stick around for a bit.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 PM

Awesome! Thanks for playing!

We're working on getting a more robust quest system and also adding friends for gifting.

Stay tuned!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
iPhone 4

So I played the game a little more today. One thing that I can see possibly being a problem with a lot of dragons is feeding them. A possible solution could be adding a special wizard that gives a dragon their favourite food. Other than that, there are some texture issues that bother me a little like the bubbles at the bottom of the waterfall, and when you hatch an egg, but those are minor gripes. The game also froze on me twice, but just had to reboot it.

Overall, the game is really well done. The premium currency is generously awarded enough so that it's not too much of a problem, and like I said before, the art style is simply amazing. Probably one of my favourite looking games in awhile.

Can't wait to see what else you guys have in store for this game. I see that little "guild" button and can't even imagine how that'd be implemented in a game like this, but I'm excited to see.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the video and the help with the links Sanuku! You rock!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Great point about the food and feeding. We lowered the requirements for levelling up for the next update while we work on getting food/chef wizards in the game. Probably get them in after Christmas. And the egg texture is fixed in the new update! Still gotta fix the waterfall bubbles...

We're big believers in being generous with premium currency and then giving the player a tons of options to spend them on. That's the coolest thing I've seen when I watch test players, is the different strategies they have for saving and spending their gems.

How many dragons have you got so far?